Non alcoholic wine

I have also not encountered a decent red. The whites have not impressed me, either.

CD

We are not white wine drinkers but we did buy a bottle for tomorrow to try.
Last night we each had a bottle of this, rather drinkable.

20230430_093239.jpg

I drink quite a few low/no alcohol drinks. There are so many now! I've not found a decent red though I'm afraid Lullabelle. I like the McGuigans white and fizz. M&S do two nice bottles of fizz. Ones called Fizzero. Can't remember the other. The easiest to find in shops in Nosecco ( I was not so keen.)

For 'gin' type drinks Seedlip do three. I liked the spice one best. Even Gordon's do one, but not tried it.

Oh, and Martini do a nice non alcoholic version of Rosso. Rochester ginger (healthfood shops) for a ginger wine alternative.

Beers, larger etc.? There's loads now. Even Guinness have a zero version. My favourites are Doombar and Ghostship, and for lighter beer/larger Becks/Bud/Heineken.

Eta. I've found Sainsburys has a relatively small selection compared to Morrisons/Tesco. Not sure about Asda.

Last edited:
Beers, larger etc.? There's loads now. Even Guinness have a zero version. My favourites are Doombar and Ghostship, and for lighter beer/larger Becks/Bud/Heineken.

Eta. I've found Sainsburys has a relatively small selection compared to Morrisons/Tesco. Not sure about Asda.

I have seen Guinness NA in better beer/wine/spirits shops here. Becks is okay. I like St. Pauli Girl. On pizza nights, I drink Bud zero. NA beers are best with food. Not so good as something to drink without food.

We have a store called Total Wine & More that is like a big supermarket with just alcoholic beverages, and they have the best selection of NA beer, wine and spirits. Even there, I haven't found a lot of NA beverages that really replace the real thing.

CD

I drink quite a few low/no alcohol drinks. There are so many now! I've not found a decent red though I'm afraid Lullabelle. I like the McGuigans white and fizz. M&S do two nice bottles of fizz. Ones called Fizzero. Can't remember the other. The easiest to find in shops in Nosecco ( I was not so keen.)

For 'gin' type drinks Seedlip do three. I liked the spice one best. Even Gordon's do one, but not tried it.

Oh, and Martini do a nice non alcoholic version of Rosso. Rochester ginger (healthfood shops) for a ginger wine alternative.

We are still new to all of this and still learning. RE:McGuigans...we all have different tastes, the red just wasn't to ours.

Thank you to all who are advising, I prefer to listen to real people rather that people who get paid to sell.

I had the Ghostship last week, very close to the real thing. Not tried the Doombar yet, but I am not a huge fan of the normal version.

Last night we tried this, fruity and a bit sweet, nice for just chilling out at the end of the day but not suitable to pair with a meal. Look forward to trying the white.

20230506_113257.jpg

Back
Top Bottom