NuWave Precision Portable Induction Cooktop

Pat

Veteran
Local time
8:26 AM
You see the tv commerical that this new cooktop is a great addition to the kitchen and great for parties.

Anyone here have experience with one? I would like to get one to have for parties or an extra large eye on the stove when cooking large meals.

I saw this, and thought about getting one, but if I do, I'll get it from a department store.
That way, there's no being stuck at home all day, playing the waiting game for bloody UPS to deliver it!
Plus, If something goes wrong, I can return it for a instant refund!! :wink: :headshake:

not the same make but i have a couple ,had them for years now ,very use full on days when you need more pans on the go,and i can get 5-6 on my stove at home,but it is induction and you will need specific pans,but i have worked out if i put my expresso pot in a induction pan it transfers the heat

I think I got enough appliances that cook food to the point that I can do without it hough. :wink:

I have 2 NuWave cook tops. I love the portability and fast heating.

We have 2. I got 1 as part of my Christmas last year, used it a couple of times, then accidentally dropped it and broke the cooking surface open. Then we decided to buy 2. They heat up fast and cool down fast, as well as letting you control heat within 5 degree increments. Only bad thing is with both of them on high at 900 watt settings, we pop the circuit breaker, so we c either don't do that or lower the wattage setting. A really nice thing though is the kitchen doesn't heat up anywhere near as much using them, which is really great here in the summer.

A really nice thing though is the kitchen doesn't heat up anywhere near as much using them, which is really great here in the summer.

I just set off my smoke alarm yesterday, even though I had not burned what I was cooking. 425 degree setting making a chicken with rice soup and giving off a lot of steam and vapor heat.

I don't like what they do.
The TV ad tells you that if you order one item now, they'll send out a 2nd one supposedly for free. But they want you to pay for "separate processing & handling" which I think is a ripoff!! I just literally HATE those As Seen on TV commercials with a pure passion something fierce!!!!

They are always trying to sucker people into buying merchandise & make them think that they are getting a bargain, when they're really NOT!! :mad::mad::mad:

I don't like what they
The TV ad tells you that if you order one item now, they'll send out a 2nd one supposedly for free. But they want you to pay for "separate processing & handling" which I think is a ripoff!! I just literally HATE those As Seen on TV commercials with a pure passion something fierce!!!!

They are always trying to sucker people into buying merchandise & make them think that they are getting a bargain, when they're really NOT!! :mad::mad::mad:
Good to hear that you don't get suckered into buying lots of kitchen gadgets @Shermie :giggle:

Last edited by a moderator:
It does come out a little cheaper than buying 2 separately if you do their deal. Believe me, I did the math. Not a huge saving, but a little. We were going to buy 2 regardless though as we generally have more than 1 pot going while making dinner.

Good to hear that you don't get suckered into buying lots of kitchen gadgets

I can understand the shipping and handling charges. This stuff is heavy, made of metal and has a cost to ship and their warehouse order completion people need to get paid. The 2 for the price of 1 is with that in mind a good buy. You can look NuWave up online and order direct from their catalog, if you prefer. By doing so, you get to view all of their products and not just what is showing up as a TV special offer.

We have 2. I got 1 as part of my Christmas last year, used it a couple of times, then accidentally dropped it and broke the cooking surface open. Then we decided to buy 2. They heat up fast and cool down fast, as well as letting you control heat within 5 degree increments. Only bad thing is with both of them on high at 900 watt settings, we pop the circuit breaker, so we c either don't do that or lower the wattage setting. A really nice thing though is the kitchen doesn't heat up anywhere near as much using them, which is really great here in the summer.

My first one, I received as a Christmas present from my mom and later gave it away when my life's journey required unpacking a lot of collected extras and I had decided the NuWave was part of that. I should have kept it. Buy hey, I just got two new ones. One I bought in a Fryes Electronic store and the other I ordered direct from NuWave. The first is their smaller lower wattage Pic-Flex and the second, their higher wattage Titanium.

Here are some pics of both in action cooking home made meatless spaghetti:

spaghetti1.png

I did pop the surge protector circuit breaker and turned the sauce down to 160 degrees while the water was boiling the spaghetti noodles.

I make damn good spaghetti sauce. Ask if you want me to post my recipe. I figure there are a lot of spaghetti recipes out there and don't want to put up one more unless it is desired.

spaghetti2.png

Notice how I used a NuWave fry pan so that I could use my T-Fal stock pot. T-Fal won't otherwise work on induction cook tops.

These pics are a good example of the portability of the cook tops as you can see; I was cooking in my den while working on a project.

Bon Apetit'.

spaghetti3.png

Delisciosa!

My first one, I received as a Christmas present from my mom and later gave it away when my life's journey required unpacking a lot of collected extras and I had decided the NuWave was part of that. I should have kept it. Buy hey, I just got two new ones. One I bought in a Fryes Electronic store and the other I ordered direct from NuWave. The first is their smaller lower wattage Pic-Flex and the second, their higher wattage Titanium.

Here are some pics of both in action cooking home made meatless spaghetti:

View attachment 12453

I did pop the surge protector circuit breaker and turned the sauce down to 160 degrees while the water was boiling the spaghetti noodles.

I make damn good spaghetti sauce. Ask if you want me to post my recipe. I figure there are a lot of spaghetti recipes out there and don't want to put up one more unless it is desired.

View attachment 12454

Notice how I used a NuWave fry pan so that I could use my T-Fal stock pot. T-Fal won't otherwise work on induction cook tops.

These pics are a good example of the portability of the cook tops as you can see; I was cooking in my den while working on a project.

Bon Apetit'.

View attachment 12455

Delisciosa!

That looks fantastic. I notice you also have some interesting books! :D

Back
Top Bottom