Oddball food combos?

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
9:35 AM
Do you have odd ball combinations, I just made a sammich with tuna, chopped onion and Mayo made with condensed milk. Big thick spread and get in. It's really good but my wife when she waked in the kitchen said, I know that smell. Personally I don't smell it.
But she has raspberry jam on toast with bananas. I don't get that, then TastyReuben didnt get me with creamed corn and deli ham sammiches. Do you have weird combos?

Tuna for lunch tomorrow.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    194.2 KB · Views: 163
And fries with mayonaise, as do most Dutch people and Belgians.
I wouldn't call that odd.......its the right way to eat them :okay:

Its funny because I prefer chips (as in British thick-cut chips) with salt and vinegar, and occasionally ketchup. But skinny fries I much prefer with mayo - maybe I've spent too long abroad :laugh:

I also like skinny fries dipped in a mixture of ketchup and mayo......ideally the sauces are on the plate next to each so you get 3 flavour options: ketchup or mayo on their own on from each side, and in the middle where they've mixed together you get a marie-rose sauce effect :happy:

Fries dipped in chocolate milkshake. Chocolate eclair with fries. Both were HUGE favorites with me and my girlfriend's as teens.

DD went to Belgium with her high school and came back eating mayo with fries. Her daughters eat them that way too. That combo is becoming more and more accepted in the states. I eat mine plain, always have as never really cared for ketchup on them.

Last edited:
Fries dipped in chocolate milkshake. Chocolate eclair with fries. Both were HUGE favorites with me and my girlfriend's as teens.

DD went to Belgium with her high school and came back eating mayo with fries. Her daughter's eat them that way too. That combo is becoming more and more accepted in the states. I eat mine plain, always have as never really cared for ketchup on them.

Just US mayo tastes really different from Dutch or Belgian ones though (Dutch tastes different from Belgian or French mayo too) and I really don't like the flavor of Hellmans or Heinz mayo (the only two we can get here that the US has too).

My favorite mayonaise is made by Calvé (a typical Dutch brand) or homemade.

Pickles (pickled cucumbers) and peppermint

t_1515583527310_name_ct_peppermint_pickle_snack_south_side_chicago_20170313_scaled.jpg

Popcorn with hot sauce

Spicy-Popcorn.jpg

Cornbread and buttermilk

honey-cornbread-3.jpg

And, I also like peanut butter or cream cheese on celery sticks.

Just US mayo tastes really different from Dutch or Belgian ones though (Dutch tastes different from Belgian or French mayo too) and I really don't like the flavor of Hellmans or Heinz mayo (the only two we can get here that the US has too).

My favorite mayonaise is made by Calvé (a typical Dutch brand) or homemade.

What is the difference in taste between the Dutch/Belgian and US?

And hey... doesn't anyone make it themselves?

Back
Top Bottom