On the go!

sandra0530

Veteran
Local time
1:17 AM
When you are in a rush to be somewhere or running late for work, what do you usually grab to eat?
Do you just leave without anything and pick something up on the way or do you grab something from your home?

I always try to get up early so that I would have something to eat, but I have been caught a few times and when that happens I get a breakfast roll or a chicken roll. I love hot chicken rolls. What about you?

I like my sleep so I will sleep in a lot and rush out the door later. If I get ready in time I will make myself a good breakfast sandwich or something quick and easy to make. If I am running very late I will grab a special K bar to go and a water bottle.

I like my sleep so I will sleep in a lot and rush out the door later. If I get ready in time I will make myself a good breakfast sandwich or something quick and easy to make. If I am running very late I will grab a special K bar to go and a water bottle.

I like Special K bars and their cereals are fab too. I love their varieties that they have.

I love cereal bars for when I've been naughty and woke up late or forgot to have breakfast. But they never fill me so I have to take an apple as well. Which surprisingly, fills me up. The Special K bars are really yummy aren't they Christina :P

I would love to see a thread for tasty breakfast ideas on the foodie chat. Does anyone know how we can add this to the forum?

I usually grab some fruit and, if available, a chocolate bar.

Depending on the rush, I may prepare a simple ham sandwich to take with me because sweets usually make me feel hungry, and most fruits have some of sweet on them.

If I'm in a rush... I'll just grab a fruit or something similar. Or then just eat out later when I get some time.

And while those special K bars are certainly delicious they do absolutely nothing to fill me up.

Fruit is really easy to eat and actually does fill you up, surprisingly well. Some of the breakfast bars do not do the best jobs at filling you up and aren't that good for you either.

Can anyone help me too? I'm new here and want to find a thread about breakfast recipes and tasty dishes? Or I want to create one somewhere but I don't want to do anything wrong.

If I'm in a rush... I'll just grab a fruit or something similar. Or then just eat out later when I get some time.

And while those special K bars are certainly delicious they do absolutely nothing to fill me up.

Ya those Special K bars do nothing for you I love them. I wouldn't like to have them every morning it would get very boring I think.

Has anyone had a go at making there own breakfast type bars? You can make some really fun looking ones. Look at these ones:
d733d551aec21b9dcc72f05200c6c50b.jpg

They look so yummy. If I made them I would want them to last a month though. I think they are great for kids or if you are in a rush.

The little multi-coloured things are actually sunflower seeds too! They look so fun!

Making my own ones... that's an interesting idea. Would certainly be a lot cheaper and I could make them just the way I want. I wonder how easy it would be to make them... *attacks google*

I always make time for breakfast. It has to be a really bad day for me to skip that. Honestly it takes like less than 5 minutes to toast some bread, scramble an egg and microwave some bacon. Some people waste more time complaining about how they don't have enough time to get something to eat that they could have just made something. I don't see the point about being in such a hurry then getting stuck at a drive thru trying to grab something along the way.

Making my own ones... that's an interesting idea. Would certainly be a lot cheaper and I could make them just the way I want. I wonder how easy it would be to make them... *attacks google*

haha, yes it may actually be very difficult to make them but they look lovely! And I love that the colourful bits are little sunflower seeds, yum!

Good point ohiotom76, for me it's not really about time. It's more about nausea. I often wake up and the thought of eating something repels me. However, I am a lot better with this now and looking back I think it was anxiety. But I really couldn't eat anything without getting an upset stomach or feeling very sick.

haha, yes it may actually be very difficult to make them but they look lovely! And I love that the colourful bits are little sunflower seeds, yum!
actually it looks very easy. I think I'll give it a try next week and see what happens! Obviously there are a million different ways but google helps out a lot. :)

Depends on how much time I have. I could easily throw on a pot of Campbells vegetable beef soup and put it in a thermos. Would only take like 5 minutes. And while that's getting ready I could grab some fruit/veggies/crackers/pretzels/other snacks.

Usually my on the go meals consist of a sandwich with deli meat, an apple with cheese, maybe some cottage cheese if I have single serve packages. Sometimes I'll pop in a few frozen egg rolls in the microwave.

Back
Top Bottom