Onions and garlic anyone?

Pat "5mph"

Guru
Local time
2:27 AM
Afternoon all!
Just seen this forum - joy!
Well, if you can't garden in winter, you certainly can cook ... lots!
Need to sort myself out with a suitable avatar :-D
Ciao, e buon appetito!

That was my dinner tonight - on a baked potato but, trying to stay away from bread. Added some pesto, a wee bit of tomato pure', salt and pepper.
Loooove mushrooms, love onions :hungry:

out on another wild mushroom hunt today. since the rain each night and clear(ish) days here in cheshire, there has been a glut of amethyst deciever which both myself and my OH find really tasty. if I picked 5% of what was out there last week (along 1 short section) I was doing well (and won't pick more than 10% anyhow) and came home with over 1lb of them. now dried in the dehydrator for that 'wild mushroom' addition. it made 50g of wild mushrooms! still with wild mushrooms costing something like £3.99 for 25g, every little will help.

We also had a batch added to that mushroom and onions on toast.... mummmmm

Loooove mushrooms, love onions :hungry:
Me too - preferably with some grated tomatoes, pepper and olive oil. That's good for on toast or with a jacket potato, by the way. If I had to do without onions and mushrooms, half my cooking repertoire would be out of the window.

out on another wild mushroom hunt today. since the rain each night and clear(ish) days here in cheshire, there has been a glut of amethyst deciever which both myself and my OH find really tasty. if I picked 5% of what was out there last week (along 1 short section) I was doing well (and won't pick more than 10% anyhow) and came home with over 1lb of them. now dried in the dehydrator for that 'wild mushroom' addition. it made 50g of wild mushrooms! still with wild mushrooms costing something like £3.99 for 25g, every little will help.

We also had a batch added to that mushroom and onions on toast.... mummmmm

I really have to do some training. The only ones I can identify with any certainty are ceps, blewits, field mushrooms, giant puffballs, shaggy inkcaps and chanterelles. We have lots of beech woodland right next to use and there are hundreds of different sorts out there.

Back
Top Bottom