Pick recipe first and buy ingredients or buy ingredients then pick recipe?

I think everybody will go with both but I like to pick a recipe first and just go and buy what I need. I do this because it is too much of thinking when you go in big markets to shop. Of course you will end up thinking about what dish you could make so it is better to do it at home. That is a habit from my past experiences in restaurants. We make a list of dishes for a week and then we write down what we need for those and send it to a store person in hope he will get everything.

Hm, I buy ingredients first then pick a recipe. I do this mainly because I tried picking recipes first and it turned out quite expensive. I ended up not using the same ingredients in other meals. I try to buy as many general items that are needed in recipes, like onions, garlic, shallots, vegetables, cheeses and keep my spice rack full, that way if I have an interesting recipe I can either substitute some items or decide if it is necessary to buy.

Hm, I buy ingredients first then pick a recipe. I do this mainly because I tried picking recipes first and it turned out quite expensive. I ended up not using the same ingredients in other meals. I try to buy as many general items that are needed in recipes, like onions, garlic, shallots, vegetables, cheeses and keep my spice rack full, that way if I have an interesting recipe I can either substitute some items or decide if it is necessary to buy.

I do this as well. When I go to the supermarket I look at what is available, then plan what I'll make. Since I buy all my stuff to cook with I remember what I already have and what I need. I shop weekly, so it isnt all that hard to pick up supplies for the week based on what I see at the supermarket.

I always have a recipe when I go to the regular market. But when the Sunday market is our destination, our food would depend on what we could buy. There are wild boar meat, venison or deer meat, fresh frog legs, oh, so many exotic food and vegetables as well. With seafood, there are also the best crabs although quite expensive, the small jumping shrimps, and other delectable seafood. We go to the Sunday market once a month mostly for the seafood. We love the grill squid and also vegetables like french beans and edible ferns.

Back
Top Bottom