Pineapple Tuiles
Makes about 40 tuiles

Ingredients
1/3 cup (75g) unsalted butter
1/3 cup (75g) roughly chopped pineapple
1/3 cup (50g) AP flour
1 1/2 cups (200g) confectioners’ sugar

Directions
Heat oven to 350F/175C. Mix all the ingredients together with a blender (stick or regular) until smooth. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a nonstick baking sheet, spacing them well apart (do no more than 6 at a time). Bake until you look in the oven and see flat, bubbling golden doilies, about 10 minutes. Remove

Let the tuiles cook about 30 seconds on the baking sheet, then remove with a spatula. Shape, if you like, by bending the tuiles over a rolling pin for a few seconds while they’re still warm and pliable. Serve or store in an airtight container.

Recipe from French Food at Home, Laura Calder

NOTES: I used a standard blender because the container on my stick blender was too small for this. I recommend blending the pineapple first, to get some liquid in there, before adding the rest of the ingredients and continuing; otherwise, you’ll not get the necessary vortex going to pull everything together.

I baked one batch on a silvery baking sheet, another on a very dark one (both with parchment paper). The ones on the dark sheet took the prescribed 10 minutes, but the others took closer to 15 minutes. Just keep an eye on them (though they’re good either baked “just right” or a little over - chewy versus crunchy).

These can be used as a sweet little coffee/tea break snack, or as a garnish on a dessert, especially good on ice cream.

The CookingBites recipe challenge: pineapple

Pineapple Tuiles
Makes about 40 tuiles

Ingredients
1/3 cup (75g) unsalted butter
1/3 cup (75g) roughly chopped pineapple
1/3 cup (50g) AP flour
1 1/2 cups (200g) confectioners’ sugar

Directions
Heat oven to 350F/175C. Mix all the ingredients together with a blender (stick or regular) until smooth. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a nonstick baking sheet, spacing them well apart (do no more than 6 at a time). Bake until you look in the oven and see flat, bubbling golden doilies, about 10 minutes. Remove

Let the tuiles cook about 30 seconds on the baking sheet, then remove with a spatula. Shape, if you like, by bending the tuiles over a rolling pin for a few seconds while they’re still warm and pliable. Serve or store in an airtight container.

Recipe from French Food at Home, Laura Calder

NOTES: I used a standard blender because the container on my stick blender was too small for this. I recommend blending the pineapple first, to get some liquid in there, before adding the rest of the ingredients and continuing; otherwise, you’ll not get the necessary vortex going to pull everything together.

I baked one batch on a silvery baking sheet, another on a very dark one (both with parchment paper). The ones on the dark sheet took the prescribed 10 minutes, but the others took closer to 15 minutes. Just keep an eye on them (though they’re good either baked “just right” or a little over - chewy versus crunchy).

These can be used as a sweet little coffee/tea break snack, or as a garnish on a dessert, especially good on ice cream.

-Pics to follow-
Looks yummy!

Back
Top Bottom