Pizza Pockets

kgord

Veteran
Local time
3:47 AM
Ree Drummond, Pioneer Woman on the Food Network is making pizza pockets ie turnovers. They look really delicious like a home made hot pocket. Have you ever done this? I think I may try making these as they look really delicious and yummy. OF course you can buy the hot pocket version at the store, but I bet homemade is better!

Yes, actually I am. She was just on TV making these and they looked awesome. She has fairly big family with several kids, and her idea was to keep them in the freezer for quick lunches and snacks. She makes great food, but most of it is high calorie, sadly, or would cost quite a bit of money to make. I did make her scalloped cabbage a few weeks ago. That was good.

I haven't made these before, but I love the Pioneer Woman and her recipes. Her cookbooks are some of the few hardcover ones I just adore. Plus her blog is a lot of fun to read too. I'll have to check these out...home made hot pockets sound fun!

I love her great ideas for recipes. I have tried a few and was never disappointed. I would be interested in trying these hot pockets. I have had the store bought ones and they were good but there is no doubt that the homemade ones would be way better.

I will be trying these hot pockets. My grandson's love hot pockets but they have so much salt in them I really do not like to see them eating them but they are quick and something they can do for themselves.

Yes, actually I am. She was just on TV making these and they looked awesome. She has fairly big family with several kids, and her idea was to keep them in the freezer for quick lunches and snacks. She makes great food, but most of it is high calorie, sadly, or would cost quite a bit of money to make. I did make her scalloped cabbage a few weeks ago. That was good.

So you prompted me to start another thread about "Bajan turnovers" which are so far removed from the Pizza Pockets. I'm going to pay some more attention to the Pioneer person except it's not so cool that most of the stuff is high calorie.

I am going to make these very soon! They look perfect for my son who loves to eat Hot Pockets but doesn't get them very often because Mom (me) doesn't like to buy them. Keeping them in the freezer so he can pop one in the microwave for a snack would be a great idea.

So you prompted me to start another thread about "Bajan turnovers" which are so far removed from the Pizza Pockets. I'm going to pay some more attention to the Pioneer person except it's not so cool that most of the stuff is high calorie.

Her food is definitely high calorie, but I have found that I can make little adjustments here and there that make me feel just a tad bit better about making her recipes. We try to eat pretty well most of the time around here, so if we have a day where we "cheat" a little and have something higher in calories it usually evens out pretty well.

I made the scalloped cabbage recipe as I said. I didn't think it was too bad calorie wise, as no meat was included and I ate it as a main dish. The thing with Ree Drummond is that her family works on a ranch, so they probably burn up most of those calories.

I made the scalloped cabbage recipe as I said. I didn't think it was too bad calorie wise, as no meat was included and I ate it as a main dish. The thing with Ree Drummond is that her family works on a ranch, so they probably burn up most of those calories.
I looked up the cabbage recipe as I like the idea of using cabbage as a feature rather than a side dish, But what is Cheese Whiz! Don't think we get that in the UK. Will have to look that up now...

Back
Top Bottom