Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another lovely grey day here:

View attachment 93389

That’s the view from my mailbox.

Plans today include running into town for lunch and stops at ALDI and Big Lots, looking for a frame for MrsT’s certificate. Hoping I can get by on the cheap, haha!

I’ve also got the ingredients out for what will be my last chili entry.

We have the same weather here. The fog is pretty much gone, but there is a mist falling. Here is the view from my office window.

IMG_2048.JPG

Those green clumps in my tree are mistletoe.

CD

We have the same weather here. The fog is pretty much gone, but there is a mist falling. Here is the view from my office window.

View attachment 93394

Those green clumps in my tree are mistletoe.

CD

Whenever you post photos of your neighbourhood I always think it looks so nice and nothing like I imagine Texas to be.

My plans for today were to have nothing planned. Clearly I have failed even before I look at this list: :scratchhead:
  • Washing done and on the line
  • Need to cook an evening meal
  • Need to make up a shopping list so hubby can do shopping before he comes home
  • Need to tidy up the garden after cleaning up the borders of leaves from bulbs dying back. Chooks thought my piles were wonderful and have scattered them everywhere
  • Need to repair electric fence for chooks up top, sheep have been trying to eat it again. yes they get a nasty zap but it doesn't stop them trying.
  • Hoover house
  • Give sick chook her meds at 4pm. This is rapidly becoming a wrestling match with a chook who is clearly feeling better and not wanting 2 halves of an anti-inflammatory feeding to her... (yesterday she knocked my glasses off during the attempt). But until I have her test results back she must remain isolated from the flock. She's best described as not impressed.

Need to tidy up the garden after cleaning up the borders of leaves from bulbs dying back. Chooks thought my piles were wonderful and have scattered them everywhere

This is the mess they have created. It was 2 neat piles, but it is full of slugs and the occasional frog and that means food to my chooks.

More like this:

View attachment 93419

or this:

View attachment 93420

But I am way off topic for this thread...

How about this... the Original Southfork Ranch from the TV show Dallas, which is a few blocks from my neighborhood. It looked like this...

Screen Shot 2022-12-08 at 7.38.48 PM.jpg

Until the fire...

Screen Shot 2022-12-08 at 7.39.34 PM.jpg

BTW, there is no oil under Frisco. You have to go about 50 miles West to find the first oilfields.

CD

My plans for today were to have nothing planned. Clearly I have failed even before I look at this list: :scratchhead:
  • Washing done and on the line
  • Need to cook an evening meal
  • Need to make up a shopping list so hubby can do shopping before he comes home
  • Need to tidy up the garden after cleaning up the borders of leaves from bulbs dying back. Chooks thought my piles were wonderful and have scattered them everywhere
  • Need to repair electric fence for chooks up top, sheep have been trying to eat it again. yes they get a nasty zap but it doesn't stop them trying.
  • Hoover house
  • Give sick chook her meds at 4pm. This is rapidly becoming a wrestling match with a chook who is clearly feeling better and not wanting 2 halves of an anti-inflammatory feeding to her... (yesterday she knocked my glasses off during the attempt). But until I have her test results back she must remain isolated from the flock. She's best described as not impressed.
Your “lazy” days are worse than my b@lls-to-the-wall days! 😪

I have two Christmas gifts to buy today.

Tonight, I will be at the Frisco Bowl, watching my alma mater UNT (University of North Texas) play Boise State University. The game starts at 8:15 CDT. You can watch it on ESPN, if you if you have nothing better to do.

CD

Last edited:
This afternoon I will be doing 'Sunday morning chores'. Clean kitty tray, clean our Rolo, empty bins and do some ironing.

My day yesterday was nutty busy. First, I met my sister at IKEA and took her through there. I go every Christmas season, just to look around, and she’d never been, even though she lives less than 30 minutes away.

Then, as soon as I got home, I turned right around and took MrsT to the international market so she could see their Christmas displays.

We didn’t get home until 7:30PM - that’s like midnight for me. :laugh:

Today, I’ve really got some outside work to get to, and I’ve got to go through my Christmas Day recipes to see what I need to buy for that. Probably making another ham recipe today as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom