Plans for today (2023)

You didn't have them wrapped in August? Slacker!

CD
I was really off this year, I don’t know why. I’m going to hear it from three nieces, because I always send them each something, and this year…

1702849376935.gif

I am trying to call friends of the family today, and I don't know some of the phone numbers. No problem, there is the internet, right?

I can't get correct numbers, unless I pay some website 10 bucks. The "free" sites have wrong numbers. I kid you not, I entered my own name and city on a search, and the search results were wrong numbers -- phone numbers that I NEVER had. Obviously, there is a cabal of web sites that will not let you have any "accurate" phone numbers unless you give them a credit card number, and if you are lucky, you will get a real number, and won't find that $10,000 has been charged to your credit card, and the bank will not cover the fraud because you gave someone your CC number.

I'm just certain that some of those sites are owned by Donald Trump, our future dictator. :headshake:

CD

I am trying to call friends of the family today, and I don't know some of the phone numbers. No problem, there is the internet, right?

I can't get correct numbers, unless I pay some website 10 bucks. The "free" sites have wrong numbers. I kid you not, I entered my own name and city on a search, and the search results were wrong numbers -- phone numbers that I NEVER had. Obviously, there is a cabal of web sites that will not let you have any "accurate" phone numbers unless you give them a credit card number, and if you are lucky, you will get a real number, and won't find that $10,000 has been charged to your credit card, and the bank will not cover the fraud because you gave someone your CC number.

I'm just certain that some of those sites are owned by Donald Trump, our future dictator. :headshake:

CD

We were just talking about this yesterday about landlines. Our granddaughter has her cell removed for back answering. We dropped her off yesterday to her home. She had a 2hr wait til parents got home.
2 hrs with no phone I felt uneasy dropping her off with mo phone.
And I haven't seen a phone book In years.

Russ

We were just talking about this yesterday about landlines. Our granddaughter has her cell removed for back answering. We dropped her off yesterday to her home. She had a 2hr wait til parents got home.
2 hrs with no phone I felt uneasy dropping her off with mo phone.
And I haven't seen a phone book In years.

Russ

I already knew you lived in Colorado when you said the elevation. Quite pleased with myself when I looked up your location and confirmed what I guessed. A family friend also Lives there.

Russ

Making my third attempt at going into the office. Friday, I had car trouble, and yesterday, I had a surprise 8AM-10AM meeting.

I also need to stop along the way and get some stocking stuffers for MrsT.

Making my third attempt at going into the office. Friday, I had car trouble, and yesterday, I had a surprise 8AM-10AM meeting.

I also need to stop along the way and get some stocking stuffers for MrsT.
Guess what I was doing in the city?
Present and cards for hubby, then 'car' trouble. Lol... that was my only reason for being in the city.

Don't think I'll get the surprise meeting though!

Booze run, pay spark (telecom)
Atm for cash then home and wait for sparky.
Replace top element in oven and replace lights In our bedroom upstairs. They should unscrew but they are jammed toight. One is the original bulb from 30 plus years.
He will have to smash bulb under a bucket.?
Pub with him then home and out for syndicate meal. 8 in our syndicate so payout and a meal. My wife runs our syndicate horse betting. Home to watch recorded program. Survivors UK.

Russ

Flat tyre first thing in the morning. Opened the boot - no car jack or anything. Stolen.
Called 7 people. All occupied or out of Caracas.
Finally, the next door neighbour responded. Put the spare on and said: " That doesn't look good to me"
Nor to me, but it got me to the mechanics. Fixed the flat tyre and said: " That doesn't look good to me "
Nor to me, so went to the Tyre Centre and got a new one. $100 later, went to the supermarket . Wheels were making a funny noise. Front suspension problems.
Got home and the wife whining and moaning about the internet connection. I said " it's the phone company, I've already told you that".
No, no, no, no, no it's something else, so called the Internet tech.
An hour later, he said " It's the phone company. I told you that last time I was here"
$40 later, I still hadn't had any breakfast. I've just eaten and now I'm going to sit outside, smoke a nice stogie and do sweet Fanny Adams.
PS. Just as I wrote this, there was a power cut. Light has just returned. Sat down with the wife & son outside, in candlelight, had a scotch, everything fine. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I’m off work for the next while, and because I’m an ambitious idiot, I wrote myself out a list of stuff around the house I’ve been meaning to get done. (Along with a strong note at the top of the page to only do one per day!)

So far, I’ve cleaned off the top of the washer and dryer, which is one of our clutter zones we’d become blind to (no joke, I found a reciept from 2010 on there). Then today I tidied up the mantlepiece (another not-as-bad, but still unslightly, clutter zone).

I must admit, I get a pretty great dopamine hit when I see the nice tidied, dusted zones that I’ve cleaned up. More tomorrow!

Flat tyre first thing in the morning. Opened the boot - no car jack or anything. Stolen.
Called 7 people. All occupied or out of Caracas.
Finally, the next door neighbour responded. Put the spare on and said: " That doesn't look good to me"
Nor to me, but it got me to the mechanics. Fixed the flat tyre and said: " That doesn't look good to me "
Nor to me, so went to the Tyre Centre and got a new one. $100 later, went to the supermarket . Wheels were making a funny noise. Front suspension problems.
Got home and the wife whining and moaning about the internet connection. I said " it's the phone company, I've already told you that".
No, no, no, no, no it's something else, so called the Internet tech.
An hour later, he said " It's the phone company. I told you that last time I was here"
$40 later, I still hadn't had any breakfast. I've just eaten and now I'm going to sit outside, smoke a nice stogie and do sweet Fanny Adams.
PS. Just as I wrote this, there was a power cut. Light has just returned. Sat down with the wife & son outside, in candlelight, had a scotch, everything fine. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You should see my wifes whisky collection.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom