Plans for today (2024)

In the UK theres a misguided believe that NHS workers get a good pension (final salary pension scheme) and can retire early but they did away with that over a decade ago.
When I as there two years ago, I was fuming because ASLEF fat cat train drivers earn around £48,000 a year, working a 4 day week and doctors around £41,000. Oh yeah, I'm sure all train drivers have Ph.Ds in blowing whistles... The incredible injustices of a contorted salary system.

Plans for today:
Meeting this morning at 9.30am to hammer out what goes on the menu, where and when, etc. I'll probably need to add a few new dishes and remove some of the old ones, so today should be interesting. the hard part will be choosing the desserts. Asian cooking ( and excuse my huge generalisation) is not big on desserts, at all, so we'll have to be creative.
Then I'll need to make sure the kitchen staff are all up to speed on the new dishes, check that they know how to make the ones we've already done and ensure they're spicing the dishes correctly.
I'm staying in a little apart-hotel (a cross between an apartment and a hotel!) just 1 minute away from the restaurant. That's a huge positive because the daytime temperature here is around 37C.

Plans for today:
Meeting this morning at 9.30am to hammer out what goes on the menu, where and when, etc. I'll probably need to add a few new dishes and remove some of the old ones, so today should be interesting. the hard part will be choosing the desserts. Asian cooking ( and excuse my huge generalisation) is not big on desserts, at all, so we'll have to be creative.
Then I'll need to make sure the kitchen staff are all up to speed on the new dishes, check that they know how to make the ones we've already done and ensure they're spicing the dishes correctly.
I'm staying in a little apart-hotel (a cross between an apartment and a hotel!) just 1 minute away from the restaurant. That's a huge positive because the daytime temperature here is around 37C.
Exciting, quite a transformative thing to be creating and driving 👏
Love to hear what dishes you landed on and how they fair cooking them 👍

I imagine puddings are a tricky area, the ones I've enjoyed the most were quite simple exotic fruits with spiced syrup probably not sophisticated enough for what you're doing!

Finished the bracket to join the two trestle tables together.
Now everyone will have more than enough elbow room and no-one’s legs will be fighting with the table legs underneath.
Isn’t it annoying when you get seated somewhere rubbish and keep bashing your legs on the table because seats placed across a leg?!

In progress
IMG_2614.jpeg

and finished
IMG_2634.jpeg

Glad that jobs ticked off 😊

You’re not planning on cooking much in the near future? Cooked out and needing a break?
Well not cooking in large enough quantities to need a 9 cup food processor, LOL. Yeah I am cooking for us 2 over the next few weeks but nothing that will require a food processor AFAIK, and if I do, my minichopper or 1 quart processor will suffice. I am thinking about the bounty of basil and other herbs I will have this summer that will need to be turned into pestos, chimichurris, etc. I think we are getting together with family at the end of May and I will make a large batch of hummus then, so for sure. I do like making refried beans in the food processor but haven't really thought about making any Mexican food. I guess I might make some for medtran49's birthday even though she won't be here to eat it, LOL!

Today's plan is to go back to bed until it warms up outside and hence in the house. It's 0.5°C (feels like -2°C) out and the house is cold.

Then I'll sit down and consider vegan cream cheese recipes, followed by looking at the requirements for returning to university and then some knitting. I might even do a bit of gardening if it gets closer to the predicted 16-19°C.

Washing can wait until tomorrow.

Indian food has a lot of sweets and desserts.
That may well be true, but there's nothing like a Black Forest cake, or a chocolate mousse, or a sticky toffee pudding or an apple pie. and that's what my client is after.Venezuelans love their desserts as well, but no-one would go for a fruit salad, and things like kulfi , burfi or laddu would not be considered adequate, I'm afraid. I might just make some pistachio ice cream with cardamom and rosewater, but I think I'm probably going western with an Indian accent.,

That may well be true, but there's nothing like a Black Forest cake, or a chocolate mousse, or a sticky toffee pudding or an apple pie. and that's what my client is after.Venezuelans love their desserts as well, but no-one would go for a fruit salad, and things like kulfi , burfi or laddu would not be considered adequate, I'm afraid. I might just make some pistachio ice cream with cardamom and rosewater, but I think I'm probably going western with an Indian accent.,
That's certainly not what my Indian cookbook has in it for desserts.

Going to get a pedicure, then working, then meeting in-laws for burgers and beer at a bar on the lake around 5:30. It will be nice to sit in the sun, supposed to be 80 today and full sun, no wind. I'll probably get a little sunburned!

It will be nice to sit in the sun, supposed to be 80 today and full sun, no wind.
It’s windy here this morning, but on the way to 85F - we just set the deck furniture out, so we may try and sit out there this afternoon, where surface temps will probably be more like 110F. :laugh:

MrsT has already said whatever windfall we may get when we sell the house and move is getting rolled into a sunroom or at the very least, a motorized retractable awning. :laugh:

It’s windy here this morning, but on the way to 85F - we just set the deck furniture out, so we may try and sit out there this afternoon, where surface temps will probably be more like 110F. :laugh:

MrsT has already said whatever windfall we may get when we sell the house and move is getting rolled into a sunroom or at the very least, a motorized retractable awning. :laugh:
She's onto something there.

Back
Top Bottom