Plans for today (2024)

More of Dad’s jobs today.
Then more prep. Kung Pao chicken and maybe a korma style sauce if I have the time.

A bit nervous about the Kung Pao chicken just because I put red peppers in mine and usually if freezing I’d leave out the peppers and add them fresh on the reheat at the time they were going to be eaten.
I’ve never cooked and frozen something with pepper already in it before.
I’ll do the usual and under cook them so they’ve got some bite left on the reheat.

Any one frozen peppers in a dish they are going to reheat before let me know.

Change of plans.
Can’t face three days in a row of my Dad’s current irascible mood so will delay that till tomoz.

Mr SSOAP worse for wear this morning after Rugby club dinner last night and was thrilled when I told him KFC deliver here so he’s busy munching on a healthy breakfast of chips and fried chicken 😂

I’ve put in an uber order for (among other things) some asparagus because I saw this late last night while sorting out a different food order and woke up unable to get it out of my mind!

IMG_2179.png

Will be good for using up the last bit of pea pesto before it goes off and trying the vegan ‘parmesan’ I smoked.
I love it when a (food) plan comes together.

Going out on my usual Saturday sojourn, but in search of some basil, rosemary, and parsley plants - cautiously optimistic we’re past the last round of overnight freeze/frost.
I've got mine in the window. Well actually only basil and oregano. Parsley will be fine, mine often comes back in the spring, as does oregano. Basil? Forgeddaboutit. Wait until mid to late May. It doesn't like temps below 40F.
17142439185463599528855027501346.jpg

Wow those are BIG basil leaves.
Yes, that was what attracted me to that plant. I did buy the new oregano at the same time (a few weeks ago) before I found out that my outside rectangular planter had the oregano from last year coming back up again. I was totally surprised since we did have some hard freezes (though milder than normal) this past winter. I have some sage and thyme seeds I will probably start inside on my growing rack (I have grow lights) in a week or so. I have some lettuces and peppers I could start as well.

I found out that my outside rectangular planter had the oregano from last year coming back up again. I was totally surprised
I pulled all my oregano up during that warm spell we had about a month or so ago; it’s Greek and I wanted Italian.

Went out there today, and there are gobs of it coming up.

I pulled all my oregano up during that warm spell we had about a month or so ago; it’s Greek and I wanted Italian.

Went out there today, and there are gobs of it coming up.
Why not have both?

Why not have both?
I have limited space and for as much as I grow, 99% of it doesn’t get used (not just the oregano, but all of it).

I could really get by year-round with just buying the little packets, but it chaps my azz to spend $3 on two springs of rosemary.

Back
Top Bottom