Recipe Pork Chops with Glazed Apples and Onion

Shellyann36

Veteran
Local time
6:14 AM
This is a quick and easy recipe that is great in the Autumn when apples are fresh and aplenty. I found this recipe in "Better Homes & Garden: Meals Made Easy With Grey Poupon Mustard". It cooks up in one pan so no need to dirty too many dishes.

Ingredients Needed:
4 pork lion chops, cut 3/4 inch thick
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 large apple, sliced
1/2 cup Grey Poupon Honey Mustard
1/4 cup apple juice

In large skillet, over medium-high heat, brown pork chops on both sides in hot oil. Reduce heat to medium, cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until chops are done. Remove to serving platter & keep warm.

In same skillet, over medium-high heat cook onion in pan drippings for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in apple; cook for 5 minutes more or until onion and apple are tender.

Stir in mustard and apple juice; heat through. *Spoon sauce over chops.

*In the end, I added the chops back to the skillet and just heated them up a bit and let them soak in the juices while warming.*

** Several different apples can be used. My favorites are Gala, HoneyCrisp, WineSap & Pink Lady. I have also used Red Delicious & Yellow Delicious as well. That made a very pretty dish. **

This recipe is easy and tasty. I always increase the apples, onions, honey mustard & apple juice to make a double serving. The extra I use as a gravy base on the rice I serve with it. Its very good.

This recipe was originally posted on my blog but I wanted to share. It is so simple and easy to make.

Back
Top Bottom