Prince Harry's Birthday

cookieee

Local time
4:33 AM
Sunday, September 15th is his birthday. If he asked you to make him your favorite dish for his birthday, would you, and if you would, what would it be.?

Well, I don't have anything for or against PH, but if he asked me, I probably would.

I'd make him a frosted meatloaf. It's very American, so I would be representing my country, but it's the kind of dish that would fit very well into a classic interpretation of British comfort food.

And, as it's meatloaf, I'd probably do some old-school green beans for the green side, probably a big chunk of Colby cheese available, and a nice locally-brewed amber to wash it down.

For afters...sugar pie.

I'm making meatloaf today, though not a frosted one, so maybe that's why I'm thinking that would work.

I would more than willingly accept to prepare something for Prince Harry.

My choice would be:
First course, Risotto alla milanese (Saffron risotto)
Second course, Lamb spareribs with hazelnuts breadings accompanied by fennel au gratin with pecorino and turmeric as side dish
Dessert: Piedmontese Bunet
After dessert: Cantucci toscani with Vin Santo ( dry almond biscuits to dip into Holy Wine)

Last edited:
I would more than willingly accept to prepare something for Prince Harry.

My choice would be:
First course, Risotto alla milanese (Saffron risotto)
Second course, Lamb spareribs with hazelnuts breadings accompanied by fennel au gratin with pecorino and turmeric as side dish
Dessert: Piedmontese Bunet
After dessert: cantucci toscani with Vin Santo ( dry almond biscuits to dip into Holy Wine)
Well, now my frosted meatloaf looks a bit shabby! :laugh:

He can probably get all the fancy eats he likes. I would want him to be comfortable, wear jeans, and flip flops or sandals & enjoy easy laid back casual California living/fare. He's a cutie, and I'm not political. Lol

A big fat steak, loaded baked potato with butter, sour cream & chives, grilled asparagus with lemon, butter and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, if desired. A Wedge salad with cherry tomatoes, Bleu cheese dressing, crumbled bacon & crunchy croutons. Beer or wine of choice. Cheesecake or strawberry shortcake from the bakery.

Option #2 - drive up Pacific coast for surf and/or turf at Moonshadows restaurant on the beach, while watching the waves roll in.

Option#3 - Dinner at Yamashiro in Hollywood. Breathtaking view of the city at night. Steak cooked & served on a salt block. Or anything he likes.

Happy Birthday, Harry. :birthday:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom