Local time
3:28 AM
This is more like what I’m about to cook/eat, but I liked these colors:

610E3598-EDDE-4793-B21B-1DC13C9ED0BB.jpeg

And I always like seeing pics of actual cooking:

6D0249EE-9F26-447F-A434-612C475B2272.jpeg

Is that a murican thing? Raw cabbage?

Russ
I think most Americans eat raw cabbage in a slaw, shredded with carrots in a mayonnaise type dressing, which I don't like. I like it in a salad with other veggies mostly. I also like to make fried rice and at the very end, toss in chopped red cabbage but just enough heat to warm it, not cook it. I think most people, Americans included, prefer cabbage cooked. I don't.
That’s a Japanese thing as well - finely shredded raw cabbage served with sesame dressing. It’s good!
I'd be all over that.

We (Americans) do eat a lot of raw vegetables, though it’s usually with dip. That doesn’t typically include cabbage, though.

Cole slaw is a big thing, at least down South. Pretty much every BBQ shack will have it as a side. In some parts, it is actually a topping on a pulled pork sandwich.

Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 7.57.12 AM.jpg

Not My Photo

CD

I like it in a salad with other veggies mostly.
When I have it on hand, I always throw some shredded raw cabbage in whatever salad I’m making and MrsT always comments on it - “I have to say, I really like the cabbage in this!”

In some parts, it is actually a topping on a pulled pork sandwich.
If you know where to go around here, it’s also a topping for hamburgers:

FA2AC48D-267C-456B-BD8F-823EF91F5C14.jpeg

Also not my photo

When I have it on hand, I always throw some shredded raw cabbage in whatever salad I’m making and MrsT always comments on it - “I have to say, I really like the cabbage in this!”

If you know where to go around here, it’s also a topping for hamburgers:

View attachment 95793
Also not my photo

Cabbage on Baja fish tacos is very common... and tasty. That, and a squeeze of lime.

1675347345792.jpeg

CD

I love raw shredded red or green cabbage in a salad. I also like raw shredded green cabbage dressed in vinaigrette (with a dab of mayo added) as a side with boiled corned beef and potatoes.

Cabbage in a burger?? No way would that fly down here.
I make slaw occasionally and it's pretty dam good. Using Savoy cabbages and red also.

Russ
Slawburgers are a regional specialty in parts of the US. I make them occasionally, grew up with them, as every dairy bar sold them.

Recipe - Slawburger

Back
Top Bottom