Relaxing while cooking ...

@medtran49
Go Girl
You are more courageous than I am
The smell makes my stomach churn and my eyes water. Dirty socks, vomit, stale beer and urine
Kind of like Bourbon Street in August
I can not imagine any preparation that would mitigate the foul smell
The challenge is yours.
Good luck

@medtran49
Go Girl
You are more courageous than I am
The smell makes my stomach churn and my eyes water. Dirty socks, vomit, stale beer and urine
Kind of like Bourbon Street in August
I can not imagine any preparation that would mitigate the foul smell
The challenge is yours.
Good luck

I would try it but I doubt I can get it here... will try if I can find out when its in season.

What's durian?

durian s.jpg

An acquired taste.

Regards durian - so I understand. I did have the opportunity to buy some about a year or so ago, but I think I'll wait until it is warm enough outdoors that I don't have to worry about stanching up my kitchen if this fruit is so inclined to do that to me.

Supposedly it smells so rotten/noxious that establishments over in the areas of Asia where it is on the market have signs posted NOT to bring the fruit inside. (For all I know this may be just the tourist areas, no further info here...)

It's not allowed on airplanes, at least in the passenger compartment, don't know as cargo.

Regards durian - so I understand. I did have the opportunity to buy some about a year or so ago, but I think I'll wait until it is warm enough outdoors that I don't have to worry about stanching up my kitchen if this fruit is so inclined to do that to me.

Supposedly it smells so rotten/noxious that establishments over in the areas of Asia where it is on the market have signs posted NOT to bring the fruit inside. (For all I know this may be just the tourist areas, no further info here...)

When I stayed at the Shangri-La in Kuala Lumpur, they had a special fridge allocated purely for storing guest's durians. To give you an idea of the strength of the smell, the superstore that we frequented was over 100 metres long and you could tell when they were selling durians from the whole length of the store and one level up!

When I stayed at the Shangri-La in Kuala Lumpur, they had a special fridge allocated purely for storing guest's durians. To give you an idea of the strength of the smell, the superstore that we frequented was over 100 metres long and you could tell when they were selling durians from the whole length of the store and one level up!

And that's why I had to leave the whole market.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom