Reusing Holiday Leftovers

Rosyrain

Veteran
Local time
8:10 PM
What are some of the creative ways you use your holiday leftovers? I had a ton of leftover holiday dinner rolls and made a big pan of baked bread pudding after Thanksgiving was over. It came out tasting amazing and I even had enough rolls left over to put it the freezer to make another pudding for Christmas.

I had a ton of leftover holiday dinner rolls and made a big pan of baked bread pudding after Thanksgiving was over. It came out tasting amazing and I even had enough rolls left over to put it the freezer to make another pudding for Christmas.

This sounds rather creative. It was a good idea to make bread pudding out of the rolls. I am a lover of bread pudding. We do not have Thanksgiving here, but after a holiday, like Christmas, for instance, we usually have lots of leftovers, particularly the meats and the desserts. We do not use dinner rolls for Christmas since there are usually so many other dishes to choose from, that having dinner rolls may just cause everyone to overeat. The leftover meats and the desserts are just used as they are, since they are usually enough to serve for another lunch or dinner.

Reactions: L_B
We always cook too much at Christmas, and have potato's, turkey, sprouts and bacon left over. We chop everything up and Include an onion chopped as well. Put everything into a frying pan, heat thoroughly. Fry an egg or two and voila, instant tasty meal that uses everything you had leftover. Put some of the leftover sage and onion stuffing you have and it makes a great meal. Very tasty, nutritious, and tastes wonderful.

Well, I didn't have as many leftovers as you would think. I made some club sandwiches which were delicious, and I plan to make a turkey soup in a few weeks. The rest of the turkey is frozen as well as the remainder of the cranberries.

Reactions: L_B
Well, I didn't have as many leftovers as you would think. I made some club sandwiches which were delicious, and I plan to make a turkey soup in a few weeks. The rest of the turkey is frozen as well as the remainder of the cranberries.

I know you can freeze meat after its been cooked, but to be honest, I never fancy eating turkey that has been frozen. I don't know why. It's just me I think.

We did not have a lot of food leftover this year. I do like the idea of making bread pudding with the leftover bread if I had any leftover. We did have a lot of bread left but it has been used for snack, sandwiches or just something to put into the mouth as you pass by. There are 2 teenage boys in the house, food does not stand a chance in this house.

I usually make turkey soup with the leftovers. Most of the leftovers go in the pot even the gravy. I once made a turkey pizza one time that I seen online with the turkey, dressing and even the cranberries. Surprisingly it was really quite different. It was different though.

We always cook too much at Christmas, and have potato's, turkey, sprouts and bacon left over. We chop everything up and Include an onion chopped as well. Put everything into a frying pan, heat thoroughly. Fry an egg or two and voila, instant tasty meal that uses everything you had leftover. Put some of the leftover sage and onion stuffing you have and it makes a great meal. Very tasty, nutritious, and tastes wonderful.
That sounds very tasty and maybe I will consider doing something like this after Christmas. I bet left over green bean casserole and ham would taste good in an omlet. We are going to avoid turkey this Christmas as I am kind of done with it.

I love bubble and squeak, crushing leftover roast potatoes and cooked green veg, then frying and serving with a fried egg. Leftover veg is also good in frittatas or Panini's with any leftover cheese

Never even thought about using the bread up to make a bread pudding - that's super smart! I mainly think of turkey when I think of leftovers - we add it to sandwiches, soups, all manner of things. And a lot of the time we just separate the leftovers too, so that all our guests can take something home too!

We have some left over pork rolls. I made sure that I deep fried them before reusing them on my noodles. I cut them finely and put them on a small plate as an option if my family would want to add them to their hot noodles.

I think I might make a fritata after Christmas if we have any leftover veggies available. Fritata's are so quick and easy to make. You can throw just about anything into the mix and they will taste great. I might consider making a ham, cheese, and broccoli Quiche too if I have any left over ham.

During holidays, we are normally busy and there is no more time to rehash the food. What we do with the leftover is to chart a schedule for finishing it. For example, the menudo which has a sauce can last longer so that can be on the 3rd day. On the 2nd day is the noodle soup and another dish. For tomorrow, the vegetable dishes should go. And if the volume of the leftover is impossible to consume, we give some to our neighbors. You can imagine our neighbors during the holidays when they receive the leftovers.

Back
Top Bottom