RIP Queen Elizabeth II

Blimey - there is no escaping it. I'm watching Food Network channel and although the usual programmes are being shown, all commercial breaks are suspended and instead solemn music is played for the duration. Its depressing. I'll be glad when this is all over.

I see it like watching an auto race. It is kinda' cool to be at the track, but if you really want to see the race, stay home and watch it on TV.

CD

I used to take my son to the track (Silverstone and Brand's) for Formula 1. After the race we'd return to the caravan to watch the repeat to see what we'd missed.

Blimey - there is no escaping it. I'm watching Food Network channel and although the usual programmes are being shown, all commercial breaks are suspended and instead solemn music is played for the duration. Its depressing. I'll be glad when this is all over.

When the King of Thailand died 6 years ago the solemn music on all Thai channels lasted a week!

I was thankfull for my stock of fillums and TV series.

On her way.
I´m not a military bloke, but I have to say that I was absolutely in awe of the organisation, logistics and precision of the entire funeral. Unbelievable, incredible, astounding - every single footstep was synchronised, every movement perfect.

I think the thing that struck me most was watching them carry her casket into Westminster this morning, and there was the family, walking with it, with William’s kids, George and Charlotte, bringing up the rear.

That was fine, whatever, family’s walking with the deceased, like a lot of funerals, but it was what the commentator said (paraphrasing):

“…and there are George and Charlotte, now second and third in line for the throne, behind their father William…<pause>…this is their life now.

That last bit seemed incredibly sad to me.

On her way.
I´m not a military bloke, but I have to say that I was absolutely in awe of the organisation, logistics and precision of the entire funeral. Unbelievable, incredible, astounding - every single footstep was synchronised, every movement perfect.

One might have thought it had been in the planning for many years and well rehearsed ( :) sorry! ).

I managed to watch nothing of it all. I know I won't be able to avoid bits of it repeated in the news though.

One might have thought it had been in the planning for many years and well rehearsed ( :) sorry! ).
Yes, that´s what I wondered, and you´re probably right.
And if you didn´t watch any of it, that´s fine as well. Each to their own.
However, the precision of everything just left me with my mouth open. Incredible.

I used to take my son to the track (Silverstone and Brand's) for Formula 1. After the race we'd return to the caravan to watch the repeat to see what we'd missed.

Yep! I imagine it is the same for the queen's funeral. You can't be everywhere at once, and the TV cameras have the best views.

CD

I managed to watch nothing of it all. I know I won't be able to avoid bits of it repeated in the news though.

Yes, that´s what I wondered, and you´re probably right.
And if you didn´t watch any of it, that´s fine as well. Each to their own.
However, the precision of everything just left me with my mouth open. Incredible.

No doubt King Charles's funeral has been organised for many years, they have to I suppose due to the mass logistics of it all.

I know they mentioned on one of the broadcasts that her funeral had been planned and ready to go, once necessary, 14 years ago.

Yes - definitely and she also had a large hand in planning it herself. They were prepared for all eventualities wherever she happened to die.

Back
Top Bottom