Recipe Risotto e Melanzane / Risotto with Aubergine (Eggplant)

Francesca

Local time
9:07 PM
The glorious mountains, plains, lakes and urban metrópolis of Milano are all highlights of the north central región of Italia that shares their border with Switzerland .. One of the most essential crops of the region´s lower Po River Valley is Arborio and Canaroli rice, amongst others.

AAFRANCESCARISOTTOAUBERGINEBUTTIFARA20171201_144855.jpg

Here is a humble and simple Risotto e Melanzane Dish .. *** one can combine 1 or more veggies with the Aubergine however, I employed Catalan Buttifarra White Sausage .. Photo of Dish: By, Francesca Guillamet ..

1 large aubergine or 2 small and / or Green Aspargus ( which ever you prefer )
2 cups of vegetable stock broth
2 tablsps Italian Evoo
1 cup minced onion
1 Per Person of Fresh Catalan White Buttifara Sausage ( sauté separately and drain oil and sausage ( this sausage has relatively very little porc grease )
1 1/2 Cups Carnaroli Eco Bio Rice
1 / 4 Cup Reggiano Parmesano
1 / 4 stick of French Butter ( 1 / 4 cup )
1 / 4 cup shaved Reggiano

1) Bring 5 cups of salted wáter to boil in a large saucepan. Add the aspargus. Simmer until crisp & tender.
2) If preparing Aubergine, roast in oven until tender and slightly charred.
3) Using tongs, place the asparagus only into a bowl of ice wáter and let cool ..
4) Now drain the asparagus and pat dry well. Let aubergine cool to room temperature.
5) Slice the aubergine lengthwise or in rounds ( which ever your preference is ) and slice the aspargus into 1 / 4 inch rounds.
6) Reserve 3 1 / 2 cups cooking liquid in a saucepan and add the broth and bring to a simmer, adding 3 / 4 cups at a time for about 20 minutes ..
7) Heat The Evoo in a skillet and sauté, the onion, until translucent about 5 minutes.
8) Add 3 / 4 of the hot liquid and simmer until the liquid is absorbed.
9) Cook the rice until al dente - just tender. Add the aubergine or aspargus if using and cook the rice until creamy, adding the broth mixture 3 / 4 cups at a time ..
10) Stir with a wodden spatula or what ever you use, and do it frequently.
11) 20 minutes is my timing. Now add the butter into the rice with the grated cheese and give it a good toss and stir ..
12) Mix the Reggiano and butter into the rice and season adjusting the salt and freshly ground black pepper ..
13 ) To Prevent grease from the Catalan Buttifarra Sausage, I sautéed separatetly & drained thoroughly.

Top with shaved Reggiano aged Cheese .. And serve with a lovely Prosecco Rosé or White ..

Last edited:
@morning glory

Sorry, impossible for me. I just cannot deal with "techi computer issues" .. I am just very busy ..

It is too simple and anyone can prepare this .. with veggies of choice ..

Have a lovely holiday ..

Back
Top Bottom