Roast Chicken Ideas & Recipes

A lot of people buy them just for the roasted meat that they then cut up or shred to make something else, like chicken soup. In that case, it doesn't matter if it is hot or not, it is just an ingredient.

CD
I think that probably happens more than just eating the chicken as-in...it's seen as more of an ingredient on the way to something else, even if it's just stripping off the meat and adding that to a salad.

What I don't like about them is the skin, which was obviously deliciously crispy at one point, goes all flabby after steaming in a sealed bag all day.
A lot of people buy them just for the roasted meat that they then cut up or shred to make something else, like chicken soup. In that case, it doesn't matter if it is hot or not, it is just an ingredient.

This is what I thought. So its not meant to be a crispy skin plump roast chicken to be served with roast potatoes, gravy etc. Is it the case then that people don't really have a tradition of the chicken roast dinner like we do in the UK?

roast_chicken_with_60937_16x9.jpg

Is it the case then that people don't really have a tradition of the chicken roast dinner like we do in the UK?
I think we did at one time, but it became seen as something fuddy-duddy, something your mom made in 1955 while wearing pearls, living the perfect suburban life, and slowly dying inside.

I do think it's somewhat coming back, though, as a kind of retro dish that the young folks have rediscovered and are updating a bit with other trendy things.

As for the rotisserie chickens, it's not that people don't eat them as a whole chicken, they do (I have); it's just that it's likely just as common to use it as a pre-prepped ingredient for something else. I'll get one, strip it down, chill it overnight, and make chicken salad the next day, for example.

I'm thinking back...I know my mom definitely roasted chickens. We raised them and had a lot of chicken. I think mostly, though, she'd boil a chicken for soup and chicken-and-dumplings.

One of our favorite ways to roast chicken is coriander and turmeric roast chicken that has to marinate for at least 2 hours up to overnight. It's served with 3 sauces per my old post below.

Grilled coriander and turmeric chicken with cumin flatbreads, ezme, tuom, and Zhoug sauces.

I can post the recipes if anyone is interested.

Our chickens store bought and cooked are usually stuffed with sage and onion stuffing.
I also do sage and onion stuffing.
Cup of breadcrumbs
1 onion cut small
S and p
1 egg
Juice of 1 orange
Sage
Chopped walnuts optional

Roast with potatoes pumpkin sweet taters and carrots.

I must do this again real soon

Russ
Btw store bought $13

Last edited:
I think we did at one time, but it became seen as something fuddy-duddy, something your mom made in 1955 while wearing pearls, living the perfect suburban life, and slowly dying inside.

I do think it's somewhat coming back, though, as a kind of retro dish that the young folks have rediscovered and are updating a bit with other trendy things.

As for the rotisserie chickens, it's not that people don't eat them as a whole chicken, they do (I have); it's just that it's likely just as common to use it as a pre-prepped ingredient for something else. I'll get one, strip it down, chill it overnight, and make chicken salad the next day, for example.

I'm thinking back...I know my mom definitely roasted chickens. We raised them and had a lot of chicken. I think mostly, though, she'd boil a chicken for soup and chicken-and-dumplings.

Growing up, my mom loved to make Shake-and-Bake chicken. It requires about the least amount of effort you can put into cooking chicken.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6aZeeXANvE

I didn't help.

CD

Back
Top Bottom