Recipe Roast Chicken.

Roasted Chicken..jpg

Here's a pic of the roasted Chicken that I did yesterday!! Looks a little overdone, but it's not.

Came out with crispy dry golden skin with moist tender juicy meat inside!

I was wondering what this meant. Here we are advised not to wash chicken.
I still usually wash chicken (and other poultry) inside and out. I put it in a bowl, so it doesn't splash. Besides, these days, you don't know what might have happened to it. It could have been kicked around the floor.....:laugh: Washing it gets rid of the smell that some plastic-packed chicken has. If it still smells after that, it's off. I wash meat too.

In the ep of I love Lucy, the chickens were supposed to be cooked already. When that fe3ll from the ceiling, they looked pretty raw. The pressure cooker exploded & they were thrown from it.

Isn't chicken routinely dipped in chlorine in the US? This would explain the need to wash it.

Isn't chicken routinely dipped in chlorine in the US? This would explain the need to wash it.

Only if you're Food Lion and after the expiration date or it starts to smell. Then you just repackage and sell!:okay: Always wondered why they went out of business locally.:headshake:

Far as I understand that isn't why some folk wash it. Its just tradition. The traces of chlorine are minute and I doubt a rinse would get rid of them. Its just plain dangerous to wash chicken.

Only if you're Food Lion and after the expiration date or it starts to smell. Then you just repackage and sell!:okay: Always wondered why they went out of business locally.:headshake:

I too thought chicken was chlorine washed in the USA. I'm sure if you buy free range from a farm it wouldn't be - but otherwise I thought it was. In fact I'm sure I saw something about this as part of the Brexit debate on TV when they were talking about possible food imports from the USA.

Here we go:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43899603

In the ep of I love Lucy, the chickens were supposed to be cooked already. When that fe3ll from the ceiling, they looked pretty raw. The pressure cooker exploded & they were thrown from it.

Sorry, I can't joke about pressure cooker explosions. I saw first hand the results of one on the human body, not pretty and something I still remember vividly almost 50 years later. It's why I refused to use one for many, many years, though I am becoming more comfortable since they are so good at cooking some things, but still am super obsessive about safety measures when using.

Back
Top Bottom