Room 101

A few years ago I bought an external SD card reader for my desktop computer (mine was bought before they came with card readers built in). I got it home, cut open the sealed hard plastic container to find that the internal slot was not aligned with the external slot so the SD card would not enter.

Of course, I took it back to the shop.

The first thing they said was "You've cut open the packaging". Of course I've cut the packaging, how else would I know that it's faulty?

More staff were called, three in all, and then the manager who made the decision that the product should be replaced.

They brought me a new one, similarly packed in hard plastic. I asked them to cut the package open to check that it wasn't faulty. "We can't do that". I confirmed that if it wasn't faulty then I would take it. "But if it is faulty and you don't take it, we cannot then return it to the shelves with damaged packaging".

I realised at this time that I was flogging a dead horse so I requested, and obtained, a refund.

I'm glad it's your "former" boss.
Thankfully, he was several bosses ago, and he took early retirement right about when I was about to start looking for another job just to get away from him.

I’m not sure if he just didn’t want to see me succeed or if he actively tried to sabotage my career. Worst part of the whole thing was that it worked - my career stalled for several years after him.

People who won't do their job just out of a type of lazy bored petulance.
"The computer says no" people.

Mostly customer facing roles that while I sympathise with their pain of working with the general public it is horrible to be on the receiving end of.

Usually goes along the lines off
"Hi do you have any (insert anything you like here)"
"No"
"Oh would you mind checking?"
Large huffs, does nothing "yer, no there aren't any"
"Oh ok err could you tell me when the next stock is expected?"

Now you've done it, they have do something. I usually use the huffing time to try warm them up a bit by telling them how much I appreciate what they are doing, this often works and hey presto now they've checked there is one left in the warehouse. Which they hesitate to tell you as they have to do more work 🤣

I'm not a fan of the resealable packages most manufacturers are using for their products. I either had a problem opening them or closing them. Then I ignored them. I just cut the package open with a knife as I always have. No longer an issue for me.

Bad substitutions, it has to go in.
It always happens when you really need an order to turn up in tact.

04FFF118-B0B6-4388-A3D7-ABAD9306A826.jpeg

The driver said Are you happy with the substitutions? I said well you be the judge, do you think that 12 pouches of whiskas cat food is a good substitute for oil? We laughed a lot and I told him to find out who had done the picking and tell them I take my hat off to them for best/worse sub!

Would be fractionally more understandable if I’d ever owned a cat or ordered cat food.. nope scratch that it wouldn’t 😂

Last edited:
Bad substitutions, it has to go in.
It always happens when you really need an order to turn up in tact.

View attachment 102499

The driver said Are you happy with the substitutions? I said well you be the judge, do you think that 12 pouches of whiskas cat food is a good substitute for oil? We laughed a lot and I told him to find out who had done the picking and tell then I take my hat off to them for best/worse sub!

Would be fractionally more understandable if I’d ever owned a cat or ordered cat food.. nope scratch that it wouldn’t 😂
Hahaha who on earth thought that cat food would be a good substitute for oil? I don’t mind substituting one brand of something for another, but the substitutions of a completely different product are hilarious.

I suppose you could always donate the cat food to a rescue or shelter in your area.

Hahaha who on earth thought that cat food would be a good substitute for oil? I don’t mind substituting one brand of something for another, but the substitutions of a completely different product are hilarious.

I suppose you could always donate the cat food to a rescue or shelter in your area.
They ask you if you’re happy with the subs and refund you if you’re not. Sometimes they refund you and leave you with the sub for free but cat food didn’t really inspire me much.
I suppose it cook be kettle cooked in it’s pouch… 😆

Back
Top Bottom