Rotisserie Fun

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cooking and BBQs' started by CraigC, Dec 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. CraigC

CraigC Senior Member Recipe Challenge Judge

This is a shawarma we did on the rotisserie I have for my Weber charcoal grill. It amazes me that a "meat paste" can turn into something that can be sliced. Sometimes we make a combo of beef and lamb, but this one is all lamb.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This year we ordered 25# of Hatch chili, 20# 0f medium and 5# of hot. I used a new toy for the Weber rotisserie to roast them. A round grill basket.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I started out with a 2 zone fire using briquettes in baskets topped with a pecan 1/2 split. That was not getting the job done in a reasonable time, so I added another basket to create a 3 zone fire. That did the trick. Hatch chilis (grown in Hatch, New Mexico) are very popular in the US.

ElizabethB likes this.
  2. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member

That looks great. Did you put ant seasonings into the lamb?

So the red Hatch chillies are the hot ones? They look as if they are very large chillies. Any chillies that size here tend to be very mild.

ElizabethB likes this.
  3. CraigC

Karen (my wife) put the shawarma together using spices that would be used in a Greek shawarma. I just grilled it.

As I understand it, Hatch chilis are from the "Big Jim" variety. There were some in both the medium and hot that were in various stages of turning red (becoming fully ripe). Karen can barely stand the heat level of the medium and I'm glad we didn't order the super hot or El Scortcho levels. There is a Latin market close by where I can get red, fully ripened jalapenos. I love those better than the green ones for making ABTs (Atomic Buffalo Turds) which are very popular as appes at a BBQ.

ElizabethB and morning glory like this.
  4. toddhicks209

toddhicks209 Active Member

It looks like pancakes are included.

ElizabethB likes this.
  5. ElizabethB

ElizabethB Senior Member

@CraigC

Your dishes look divine. Please link to recipes.

6. CraigC

Not pancakes, but flat bread. We usually make pita, but this go round it was grilled flat bread.

ElizabethB likes this.
  7. Shermie

Shermie Senior Member

IMG_20161031_184802676.jpg I'd get an indoor rotisserie, but I won't, since I have THIS & my regular oven. :wink:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    ElizabethB likes this.