2 cardamom pods, cracked
1 tsp soft light brown sugar
1 cm cinnamon stick
5 strands saffron
1 green tea bag
A few flaked almonds to serve
Extra sugar, if required, to taste

Method:

1. Put the water, cardamoms, sugar, cinnamon and saffron in a saucepan, and bring to the boil. Boil for a couple of minutes, then reduce the heat and simmer for a further five.
2. Remove from the heat, and add the tea bag. Brew for a couple of minutes. The tea should be a light, golden colour.
3. Strain into a cup or glass, add the flaked almonds and a little extra sugar if required.

@Elawin

Fascinating !

I shall try this since I had purchased some Cardamom in pods and ground for a Persian Dish I am preparing within the next couple of days ..

Saffron: The Castilla La Mancha Harvest Weekend is upon us here, and we shall be headed over to Madrid and then bus over to the Toledo región designation of Origin of Spanish Saffron .. So, it is a staple for our "paellas" .. So, we always have it in the house and office too ..

Have a lovely day ..

Most unusual! My first thought is that the saffron would be far too intense...
It's a real palate refresher, especially after a curry I should think! I managed to get another cup out of it, with the addition of another cardamom pod and a little extra cinnamon. You just have to be careful not to let it brew too long, or it goes bitter.

Hello there, thanks for sharing the recipe and I hear first time about the saffron tea. Earlier I was used to have 3,4 cups of tea in a day but due to overweight I stopped drinking tea. I am on a diet plan and currently drinking detox tea, which was suggested by my friend and it is really helpful in reducing weight and good in taste.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello there, thanks for sharing the recipe and I hear first time about the saffron tea. Earlier I was used to have 3,4 cups of tea in a day but due to overweight I stopped drinking tea. I am on a diet plan and currently drinking detox tea, which was suggested by my friend and it is really helpful in reducing weight and good in taste.
I'm only really supposed to have decaf tea (for health reasons), but I do like the odd cup of saffron tea now and then. It's weird because I don't like green tea on its own!

Back
Top Bottom