Semi Homemade

I enjoyed watching the show Semi Homemade, it was interesting how she would take items and dress them up to have a good tasting meal without having to spend all day cooking. I don't often purchase prepared food, the show made me aware that I can have a choice about how I present the food without all of the time spent fixing it. Sandra also has some books out that I would like to pickup to get some ideas now that her show is not on tv.

Sandra Lee's show was one of my favourite shows back then. She was the one who taught me a few things about buying store bought things to customize at first rather than facing the daunting task of making everything from scratch at first. Now i feel like watching her again. After quick research, apparently last year she had breast cancer! Hope she's recovering okay!

We both 'adapt' things we buy - it's often simpler to buy a ready made item and then improve it to your taste.
As for the mash - it's just weird that the idea of removing the water from mashed potato then reconstituting it should be such a disaster. After all there are lots of dried foods that work really well so why not mash ? Must be one of the universe's great mysteries.

We both 'adapt' things we buy - it's often simpler to buy a ready made item and then improve it to your taste.
As for the mash - it's just weird that the idea of removing the water from mashed potato then reconstituting it should be such a disaster. After all there are lots of dried foods that work really well so why not mash ? Must be one of the universe's great mysteries.
Well I like SMASH! :D

I used to buy Ragu jarred spaghetti sauce and add 1 can petite diced tomatoes, 1 can sliced olives, and maybe a little oregano and or basil etc, maybe just some Italian blended seasoning. That was until I started making my own sauce. No more jars for me.

Back
Top Bottom