Recipe Seven-up Cake.

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
1:09 PM
This is actually a buttery / lemon-flavored pound cake made with 7up soda as one of the ingredients.

Ingredients;

3 sticks butter, softened at room temp.

5 or 6 eggs at room temp.

3 cups sugar.

1 teaspoon lemon extract.

3 cups sifted flour.

1 cup Seven-Up.

Directions;

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Grease a 10-inch tube pan with butter or shortening and dust with flour, or use a cooking spray designed exclusively for baking. Set aside.

In large mixer bowl, cream butter with electric mixture on medium speed until smooth, shiny and almost opague. Add sugar, one cup at a time, and continue beating until mixture is smooth, light and fluffy, scraping bowl periodically.

Add lemon extract, then add eggs, one at a time, beating thooroughly after each one.

Gradually add flour in small stages until it is all incorporated. Reduce mixer's speed to low. Slowly add Seven-Up. Mix well on low speed.

Pour prepared batter into prepared tube pan. Shake lightly to evenly distribute batter so that it is even on all sides of pan.

Move rack in oven to lower third. Bake for about 80 to 90 minutes until cake is a golden brown around the sides and bottom. When toothpick is inserted in the middle and comes out clean & dry with only a few crumbs on it, the cake should be done.

Cool cake on wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove cake from pan and continue cooling it on rack until just barely warm.

Enjoy!
ready-to-eat-19.gif

Mod Edit. Content Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
These cakes pictured above are my pride & joy!!

I LOVE making them because they come out looking so beautiful and golden brown!! Everyone is after me for one!! I'm going to start selling them to make a little extra money on the side!! :wink:

I have tried seven up cakes but never made them myself. I might try your recipe and see how it works out.

I like the thought of trying that, but here in the uk our measurements may be a bit different. Can you tell me what weight a stick of butter is, and what kind of four do you use. Is it plain flour, or self raising? Thanks

edit. Just saw your thread on cooking disasters so I know you use plain flour as opposed to self raising flour. Just need to know about the butter.

Last edited:
I like the thought of trying that, but here in the uk our measurements may be a bit different. Can you tell me what weight a stick of butter is, and what kind of four do you use. Is it plain flour, or self raising? Thanks

edit. Just saw your thread on cooking disasters so I know you use plain flour as opposed to self raising flour. Just need to know about the butter.

A stick of butter or margarine is 1/4 pound. Four sticks equal 1 pound.

When I was in a culinary arts training program, I was taught how to use a baking scale as a means of measuring the ingredients for baking. I'd LOVE to have one at home, but they are too big and too expensive to own!! :eek:

A stick of butter or margarine is 1/4 pound. Four sticks equal 1 pound.

When I was in a culinary arts training program, I was taught how to use a baking scale as a means of measuring the ingredients for baking. I'd LOVE to have one at home, but they are too big and too expensive to own!! :eek:

Thanks. I may well try your recipe.

Thanks, and you welcome!! Please do, and let me know how it came out. :wink:

Last edited:
I love easy cakes. They are so much easier, and much more likely to work well with fewer ingredients I think.

I have no doubt that they taste as good as they look ;-9

Would it be possible to replace the seven up and extract with other sodas and extracts? Cream soda or root beer and vanilla, maybe? Or ginger ale and pumpkin spice?

I would guess that you could, but that also changes the color of the cake as well.

When I made the two cakes pictured above, I had to use Sprite because 7up is getting harder & harder to find!! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom