Show me your breakfast (2024)

Breakfast was Taylor ham, an English muffin, and an egg.

taylor_ham_egg_030924_1_img_2454-jpg.jpg

I made a big ole' American style overstuffed omelet with sauteed peppers, garlic, onion, mushrooms, bacon, shaved ham, and lightly wilted chopped spinach and arugula for DH and I to share. I used Havarti and sharp cheddar for my cheese. I should have used one more egg because there was way more filling than there was egg, and when I cut it in half to serve, the filling was oozing out so it didn't make a pretty picture. DH was cooing a bit when he tasted the first few bites!

IMG_3740.JPG

Brought back from Las Vegas, via Hawaii, Redondo brand Portuguese Sausage, Eggs and Rice (in Hawaii, we kinda say it as if it were one word - Portuguese Sausage Eggs and Rice) missing is the topping of the Aloha Shoyu (Soy Sauce) and Furikake on the Rice, we put that on the Eggs too, ONO (that's Hawaiian for delicious)!
OH!
And those white round orbs are canned Lychee, my DH goes nuts-o for that, me, not so much.
First meal I've cooked in about a week.

IMG_3719.JPG

This was Thursday morning in the hotel in Summerlin Nevada (North-West Las Vegas)
How gorgeous is this Fruit Platter? And it was delicious and I'm not a fan of fruits.
IMG_3720.JPG
Housemade Chicken Sausage with American-style Scrambled Eggs
... we shared, we're trying to limit our carbs right now.
Coffee & Juice was served also.

That made me giggle (not for you!). My sister would go to an Indian restaurant with friends and order omelette and chips.
In fact, she went to the Taj Mahal once, for 10 days, and ate omelettes every day.
I went to a little mountain place in Austria and stayed there for two weeks (mostly skiing) a few years ago. The mountain Austrians are rather old fashioned so don't cater for Coeliacs. The only thing they did that was gluten free was omelette. Everything else they weren't sure about so omelette it was everyday, twice a day.
I haven't eaten an omelette since 😂

I used leftover mashed potatoes to make crispy potato pancakes. I just fry them in butter on low heat until the moisture evaporates and they get crisp. I don't add flour or anything else.. I put cheese on DH's and topped with fried eggs. I actually had leftover pizza for breakfast and put the extra pancake in container for hubby's breakfast tomorrow.
20240321_191726.jpg
20240321_191808.jpg

Back
Top Bottom