2 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup of ketchup
BBQ sauce
liquid smoke
yellow mustard
cayenne pepper
black pepper
salt

Cook meat, garlic, onions and pepper until done. Drain the grease. Add the rest of the ingredients

This is my wife's busiest week at work (Bakery Manager). She works the next 6 days. I'm trying to make a few dinners ahead of time.

Next up is Taco Meat

I'll add pictures from my phone in a few minutes.

We serve these like open faced sandwiches. Topped with cheese :)

Mod.Edit for the benefit of non-US members: a sloppy joe is a sandwich consisting of ground beef or pork, onions, tomato sauce or ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and other seasonings, served on a hamburger bun.

Last edited by a moderator:
20180211_094059.jpg
20180211_095030.jpg
20180211_100447.jpg

I have all these ingredients, so I could make this! How much liquid smoke do you use? Not much, I assume?

Sloppy Joe's is one of those dinners that is a little different every time. Kind of whatever ingredients that you have in your fridge :) I didn't really measure anything. A couple of shakes lol

00D05311-28B9-40E1-A33F-39E4FF16109C.jpeg

Here’s my take on your recipe. I decided to use dijon mustard and a mustard-based barbecue sauce. I also decided to pickle the remaining habaneros that I had, and I chopped up some up and threw them in here. But, my favorite part about making this was that I couldn’t find a bottle of ketchup. Fortunately, I always save the extra ketchup packets from fast food places, so I had plenty to make the recipe.

If you’ve been following what I’ve been making for lunch this week, then you can probably guess already where you’re going to see the finished product.

Thanks for posting this!

Back
Top Bottom