Snacks - Chips or Crisps (or whatever)?

Only in Australia.

The Parent company is Keurig Dr. Pepper. The soft drink subsidiary is Dr. Pepper Snapple, based in Dallas.

Coca-cola makes Dr. Pepper in Europe, and PepsiCo in Australia, under license.

The corporate headquarters of Frito-Lay, which makes Doritos, is a few blocks away from Dr. Pepper Snapple headquarters, about ten miles from me.

CD
To make it even more confusing, even though Keurig now owns Dr. Pepper, in some markets it's distributed by Pepsi. I know this because I worked a big project for them in December of last year, and I had to travel through areas of Ohio to do that. In the backrooms of grocery stores, all products distributed by particular vendors are grouped together on pallets. Sometimes I would find Dr. Pepper with the Pepsi products.

Yorky, I call them Doritos.

Yes. In the US, too.

Pepsico was formed when Pepsi and Frito Lay merged. They have separate corporate headquarters. Doritos are manufactured by Frito Lay in the US.

Okay JAS, now tell me how wrong I am.

CD

Pepsico was formed when Pepsi and Frito Lay merged. They have separate corporate headquarters. Doritos are manufactured by Frito Lay in the US.

Okay JAS, now tell me how wrong I am.

CD
Who pizzed in your Wheaties this morning?

All I know is that my husband's cousin Anthony works for Pepsi and he distributes both snacks and drinks to stores. I really don't give a crap.

To make it even more confusing, even though Keurig now owns Dr. Pepper, in some markets it's distributed by Pepsi.
Yep, that’s how it was (still is?) here. My dad worked for the Pepsi for 41 years…but it was never that simple. He actually worked for a local bottling company, which was wholly contracted by Pepsi to bottle their soft drinks, which included Dr. Pepper, so as a kid, I always though Dr. Pepper fell under the Pepsi family of soft drinks (along with Mountain Dew and Teem - remember Teem?).

Then I moved away and realized it wasn’t that simple, and that DP was bottled and distributed by different companies in different places. In my mind, that made them seem like rebels. :laugh:

Yep, that’s how it was (still is?) here. My dad worked for the Pepsi for 41 years…but it was never that simple. He actually worked for a local bottling company, which was wholly contracted by Pepsi to bottle their soft drinks, which included Dr. Pepper, so as a kid, I always though Dr. Pepper fell under the Pepsi family of soft drinks (along with Mountain Dew and Teem - remember Teem?).

Then I moved away and realized it wasn’t that simple, and that DP was bottled and distributed by different companies in different places. In my mind, that made them seem like rebels. :laugh:

There used to be a Dr Pepper called Dublin Dr Pepper you could get in one part of Texas. It Was produced by a bottler in Dublin, Texas. Instead of corn syrup, it was sweetened with Imperial Pure Cane sugar. It was only available in glass bottles. It was really good.

Keurig Dr Pepper canceled the contract with that bottler about ten-ish years ago. The plant still makes other soft drinks, but Dublin Dr Pepper is no more. :(

CD

Back
Top Bottom