Recipe Soft White Bread

Missie Leigh

Über Member
Local time
2:02 PM
@foodlover please let me know how your next attempt works out. The last and only one I tried was like lead. That might be an exaggeration but it was horrible in my opinion but looked good in a picture. Since then the whole bread making thing has been on pause and I still feel inadequate when it comes to trying again.

I have found that the longer I knead it the better the texture is. I have a favorite recipe that I use:
6 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. Salt
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp. Yeast (I use instant)
Mix this all together.***
Add:
1/4 cup canola oil
2 cups warm water
*** If you use regular yeast you will need to proof it with 1 cup of the warm water and the sugar until it foams. Then add this to the dry ingredients and mix.
I use my KitchenAid mixer so kneading for about 4 minutes once it's all mixed is plenty of time to get a good texture. If you are hand mixing it will take a considerably longer time.
I let the dough rise in the mixing bowl covered with plastic wrap or a damp dish towel until it is about doubled. Then I punch it down and form it into 2 loaves. I let it rise again, then bake at 350° for about 30 minutes. I've found that this recipe lasts for about a week without molding.

20160321_173910.jpg

Back
Top Bottom