St. Patrick’s Day 2022

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
8:42 AM
It must be coming up on St. Pat’s Day…

Anybody planning anything special, foodwise?

I envy yooz guys...your booze prices are so low compared to ours and you have sales...our governments tax the hell out of it...
Yeah here in Ohio the state owns snd controls the booze and liquor so TR's prices in southern Ohio are the same as mine up in northern Ohio. Those are some really good prices. I'll be getting some Guinness soon for sure.

While I like the food offers for st.Patricks day I am not participating in it. St Patrick is a Catholic saint who 'freed Ireland from the pagans' and while I am sure repression is always a bad thing, as a pagan I can't really connect to celebrating my religion being wiped out.
It's a very popular feast with pagans here, because they think they are celebrating Irish culture. But it's more than that.
Pagans and Saint Patrick’s Day: The Real Meaning of the Holiday - PaganCentric

I love Irish and UK culture, but I am not celebrating on that day specifically.

While I like the food offers for st.Patricks day I am not participating in it. St Patrick is a Catholic saint who 'freed Ireland from the pagans' and while I am sure repression is always a bad thing, as a pagan I can't really connect to celebrating my religion being wiped out.
It's a very popular feast with pagans here, because they think they are celebrating Irish culture. But it's more than that.
Pagans and Saint Patrick’s Day: The Real Meaning of the Holiday - PaganCentric

I love Irish and UK culture, but I am not celebrating on that day specifically.
I'm all about looking for a reason to party. I don't like any holidays, really, but I do like drinking and eating!

I wasn't saying not to buy the Guiness on st Patricks day, I'm opportunistic like that too :laugh:
There's not much of a chance that if I buy Guinness now it will still be around in May... :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom