Stay-fresh food bags

epicuric

Legendary Member
Local time
5:53 AM
IMG_1032a.jpg

Has anyone tried these? They really do work. Vegetables that would normally last only a few days now last for weeks in these bags.

I've not tried them - knowing Lakeland I imagine they are not cheap. Plastic though? :ohmy:
Fair point! I don't think they were too expensive - £7 or thereabout, for a box of twenty. They can be washed and re-used (approximately 19 times, according to the lady in Lakeland) and so far have totally eliminated all fruit and veg waste in our house. They can go for recycling when they are finished with, and given that we try not to buy packaged fruit and veg anyway the eco-balance stacks up.

Fair point! I don't think they were too expensive - £7 or thereabout, for a box of twenty. They can be washed and re-used (approximately 19 times, according to the lady in Lakeland) and so far have totally eliminated all fruit and veg waste in our house. They can go for recycling when they are finished with, and given that we try not to buy packaged fruit and veg anyway the eco-balance stacks up.

Well if they can be re-used I will consider getting some. Anything to save throwing good food out!

They can go for recycling when they are finished with, and given that we try not to buy packaged fruit and veg anyway the eco-balance stacks up.
Ikea do something very similar. We've been using them for years . Still are . They are also recyclable.

Whilst I was in Ikea on Wednesday, I happened to notice a sign that indicates their new range of these bags are now made out of sugar cane rather than refined crude oil. And they are still recyclable .

Back
Top Bottom