Sticky back plastic on kitchen scales

Amateur1

Local time
8:35 PM
I've bought some new kitchen scales and am thinking of putting sticky back plastic to protect the surface from food.
Has anyone else done this?
Any obvious downsides?
I've put them on the old scales as an experiment and it seems OK.

I have a flat scale like that, and it came with a sort of hopper to hold things. I rarely use it.

I just set a plate on it, or a paper plate, or even a paper towel, depending on what I’m measuring, then I zero it out and measure as usual.

Some just wrap their kitchen scales with Saran Wrap, so that they can just wipe them clean with just a damp cloth!! :whistling:

read the manual. most of the stainless platforms "pop off" for cleaning.

if you must, use clear film to cover the whole damn thing. eliminates toothpicking out the crud in the cracks.

You can easily clean that scale, and when I put something like raw meat on mine, I put something on the scale, zero it out, and put the meat on that.

CD

I've bought some new kitchen scales and am thinking of putting sticky back plastic to protect the surface from food.
Has anyone else done this?
Any obvious downsides?
I've put them on the old scales as an experiment and it seems OK.
I just use a bowl or plate depending on what I'm cutting, measuring etc. It's much easier.

Thanks all. I take it with me when I go away. I think this damaged the sensors on the old scales. The person in the shop advised me to keep the box.

Back
Top Bottom