Stuffing Baked (Jacket) Potatoes.

Yorky

RIP 21/01/2024
Local time
4:09 PM
I obtained some decent size spuds (c. 350 gms each) from the market last week. I stuffed two of them viz:

Precook the scrubbed potatoes in the microwave for 4 minutes each. Then cook in the halogen oven for around 40 minutes until the skin is crisp.

Allow to cool slightly then carefully scoop out the white potato leaving the skin and a thin layer of potato intact.

Grate some cheese

Mix the cheese with the scooped out white potato and add finely chopped onion and garlic, a tablespoon of tomato puree, a little butter and salt and black pepper. Mash thoroughly.

Return the mash mixture to the empty skins and pile excess on top.

Add garnish (fresh parsley, fresh coriander, sliced fresh chillis, et al).

Grill until golden brown and serve.

I obtained some decent size spuds (c. 350 gms each) from the market last week. I stuffed two of them viz:

Precook the scrubbed potatoes in the microwave for 4 minutes each. Then cook in the halogen oven for around 40 minutes until the skin is crisp.

Allow to cool slightly then carefully scoop out the white potato leaving the skin and a thin layer of potato intact.

Grate some cheese

Mix the cheese with the scooped out white potato and add finely chopped onion and garlic, a tablespoon of tomato puree, a little butter and salt and black pepper. Mash thoroughly.

Return the mash mixture to the empty skins and pile excess on top.

Add garnish (fresh parsley, fresh coriander, sliced fresh chillis, et al).

Grill until golden brown and serve.

I seriously need one right now!

Those are commonly called twice baked potatoes here. They are very popular. I seldom make them, but I do like them. :okay:

CD

Back
Top Bottom