Summer is Here!!! Who has an Ice Cream Maker?!!

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
6:12 PM
Ice cream Machine..jpg 2.jpg

Summer is here!! Which means that there will be some really hot days ahead!! We'll be looking to sit in the shade. The kids will be wanting something cold to eat or drink. They'll mainly want a frozen treat, mainly ice cream!! And speaking of which, who has an ice cream maker?!! Mine is pictured above!! I scream, you scream, We all scream for ice cream!!! Hah!! :whistling:

My ex-wife and I had two old wooden ice cream makers. The in-laws, between all of us, had about a dozen of them. :ohmy: We would get together on holidays, and make a bunch of flavors at the same time. You couldn't talk with all of them cranking at once, they were so loud.:laugh:

Ours were electric models, but there were a few hand cranked models in the family.

1687909825723.png

CD

Did think about buying one several times, but it would be to much for just me and mom. Self-made ice is so good though

Dad brought one home from work once, mid-70’s, I think it was some kind of award from the office.

I think we used it once, and the ice cream wasn’t very good, and then it went into the basement, never to be seen again.

View attachment 101761
Summer is here!! Which means that there will be some really hot days ahead!! We'll be looking to sit in the shade. The kids will be wanting something cold to eat or drink. They'll mainly want a frozen treat, mainly ice cream!! And speaking of which, who has an ice cream maker?!! Mine is pictured above!! I scream, you scream, We all scream for ice cream!!! Hah!! :whistling:

Do you have a particular flavour favourite? I am a mint choc chip fan.

We have one! It gets used a few times per year. Husband likes to make different ice creams - his favourite is white chocolate raspberry.

We don’t use it super often, but I’ve heard it’s a giant pain in the butt to make ice cream without one.

I just suddenly remembered what brand of ice cream maker we had (because I stopped trying). It was the ONLY ice cream maker allowed in my ex-wife's family...

https://www.whitemountainproducts.com

CD

The 4-qt. that I had was made by White Mountain. Looks like they don't make them that small now. Didn't see it on the website. :unsure:

Last edited:
We have one! It gets used a few times per year. Husband likes to make different ice creams - his favourite is white chocolate raspberry.

We don’t use it super often, but I’ve heard it’s a giant pain in the butt to make ice cream without one.
Not with this foolproof recipe... to follow.

There are 2 ways to make no-churn (no machine) ice cream. The best known one uses condensed milk which makes it rather super sweet.

The lesser known way is in this recipe: Recipe - Tonka Bean and Bamboo Charcoal Ice-cream (no churn)

Please ignore the flavourings and colour. Its me experimenting! You can add any flavourings you like. But I hope you can see from the texture that it works (and its really easy). Aside from flavouring there are only 3 ingredients.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom