For the Topping.
500 gms fresh pineapple
30 gms fresh grated ginger
400 gms sugar
OR
Half jar pineapple jam
grated fresh ginger (or ginger powder)

Method:
  • Blitz the biscuits with the butter until well mixed together. Line an 8 or 9 inch baking pan with the crumbs, pressing down firmly and ensuring the crumbs are evenly distributed. Set aside.
  • Beat together the cream cheese, sugar, yoghurt and eggs until smooth. Now add the lemon zest and juice and mix thoroughly.
  • Heat the oven to 275F.
  • Pour the cream cheese mixture into the baking pan and place in the oven. Cover, and cook for 40 minutes. (If there's any liquid left, pour it into cupcake moulds and bake just the same)
  • After 40 minutes, remove the cover and bake for another 20 minutes.
  • Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in the oven for about 25 minutes. Remove,
  • If you use fresh pineapple , dice the fruit into small cubes, place in a medium pan , add the sugar and the ginger, bring to a boil and cook for about 20 minutes, until the jam thickens. Remove, allow to cool, then spread liberally on the cheesecake. Place in the fridge to cool.
  • If you use (purchased) pineapple jam, simply mix with the ginger (or ginger powder) and spread.

Marie biscuits are almost impossible to find in the UK these days. I think, (from memory) they are closer to Rich Tea biscuits in flavour/texture than digestives. I'm now wondering of Rich Tea biscuits would be good as a cheese cake base. I really like the ginger combined with pineapple as the topping.

Marie biscuits are almost impossible to find in the UK these days.
I'd use digestives 1,000 more than Marie, but they're not available over here. And if I couldn't find digestives, but Graham Crackers were available, then I'd use those. However, 3rd world country, 3rd world choice!

Back
Top Bottom