Superbowl Spread

kgord

Veteran
Local time
5:34 PM
Not sure how many of you participate in watching the Superbowl but it is tradtional to have snacks along with the game. How many of you have plans to have a Superbowl spread, and what will you have if you do? I don't know with certainty what I will have but one thing is a dip made with bacon and beer someone posted on another forum. It sounds delicious and if fairly simple to make as well.

Reactions: L_B
My team is not going to the Superbowl this year, but I intend to watch it anyway. We do spread of chips and dips, hot meat dishes, chili, crackers, and a bunch of desserts. Normally everyone brings different things over so it kind of varies what is included in the spread each year.

I usually participate in the super bowl parties, except for this yr. However, usually when attending these parties I would bring a chilli which can be eaten as is over over some hot dogs. I also would make a cheese ball and some type of cheesy dip with Tostitos.

I hear our 'local' Super Star Rihanna is suppose to be performing so for that reason I would want to take a look if only to see her and pray she doesn't go off key. I still don't understand the game but I still watch on the odd occasion. That said I won't have any spread but if I did it would be some chicken wings and garlic bread or something like that.

Well, my husband is American and he's pretty pumped for the Superbowl. We'll be getting together with some friends over here and having a get together, but we're doing it potluck style where everyone brings something - but since we're living in Japan right now, the Superbowl is on at like 6am, so we're doing breakfast/brunch foods! Plus, we have expats from all over, so it will probably end up being quite the untraditional Superbowl spread. Lots of fun, nonetheless!

Superbowl is always a good excuse to have good food. I will be making a nice big pot of chili along with some dips, wings and other finger foods. Of course it will all be enjoyed with some ice cold beer! We will be having a few friends over to watch the game. Superbowl parties are always a great time to get together with family and friends.

We always make Superbowl Sunday a fun day around our house. My son is about to enter high school and plays football, so he and my husband really get into the game. We usually make chicken wings and have a couple of dips, and of course beer (the kids have their bottles of root beer). This year I'm making a queso dip in the crock pot. I got the recipe from a wine vendor giving out samples at our local grocery store. It's just like a basic queso except it has a few Tablespoons of Cabernet or Merlot added to it. It gives it just a little extra touch of taste.

Yes, I was planning a really interesting spread, with different side dishes inlcuding possible cauliflower mock chicken wings..but now I am having car problems so a car repair is going to have to take precedence over any major game indulgences. I plan of starting a diet shortly anyway, and fattening snacks are not on the menu! However, Weight Watchers does have some unique and low calorie game day recipes I may take a page from.

We aren't planning to do anything this year, so far. If anything, it will be something low key. If the kids decide they want to come over and hang out, I'll whip up some snacks. They like chili cheese dip, so that's always a simple and satisfying choice. I usually talk the hubby into making his "famous" homemade salsa as well. He makes a nice chip dip too.

It's way past the Superbowl now but I usually make cheese steak sandwiches and also serve chips with a few different dips which are generally the basics like onion and ranch, sausage rolls, and a few desserts. It's a good thing we usually have several people over because I have no idea how we would eat all of that. One year I replaced the cheese steak sandwiches with wings and was met with displeasure. Not that the wings weren't good but they preferred the sandwiches. I'll never make that mistake again.

Back
Top Bottom