Sweet Almond Oil

ChanellG

Guru
Local time
5:26 PM
I would have posted this in my recently started thread on using olive oil, but I'm not allowed to respond to the posts in my own thread. Christmas morning I made pancakes for breakfast. As I was about to turn on the heat and get started, I realized I'd not been to the store to get oil. I usually prefer to use something like peanut oil, but there was a bottle of sweet almond oil handy, and the label said it could be used for stir fry so I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm not sure I'd keep using it for that purpose, but at least the pancakes turned out okay.

I would imagine that sweet almond oil would just give your pancakes a more sweet and nutty flavor. I think that might be a good idea and it would be just like sprinkling almonds on top of your pancakes without the crunch. I might try it out!

I'm not sure that the oil added anything in particular. I think I would have to make them with another oil as well and compare them side by side. I used an organic mix and almond milk, but I think they turned out good. I made them in a non-stick pan, which is difficult when you need to first heat the pan and want to add oil.

I have never used sweet almond oil. I have heard of it but would be leery of using it because I know nothing about it. I find this interesting information though. I will look it up on Google. There seems to be many oils that we can use for cooking. It really doesn't hurt to try new things.

I have never used sweet almond oil. I have heard of it but would be leery of using it because I know nothing about it. I find this interesting information though. I will look it up on Google. There seems to be many oils that we can use for cooking. It really doesn't hurt to try new things.

No reason to be leery about it; it's probably best used for baking, but if memory serves I think it's also recommended as a salad oil. The use of the word "sweet" is misleading; the oil itself is not sweet at all. The only thing I have used it for though is to cook pancakes. I had some at the time I started this thread, but I don't have any right now so I haven't used it for anything else.

Back
Top Bottom