Sweet Potato Pancakes

DesertMax

Local time
4:19 AM
I love breakfast and recently made some sweet potato pancakes. I have a very strong tendency to deviate or experiment with ingredients which in this case is probably my downfall but although my mix tasted excellent, the cakes would not stick together and I ended up eating (delicious) mush! Needless to say, I didn't appreciate my own work so what's the cure on this conundrum? Something to do with amounts of flour I'll wager...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey thanks for the responses guys... I used 2 small pieces of SP and one egg, about a half cup of skim milk & what I believed to be very little flour, I just sprinkled in enough so that the mix was not really wet. Also about a teaspoon of baking powder and a few sprinkles of cinnamon..

Was the sweet potato cooked or raw? and were you going for something like breakfast pancakes or hashbrown/potato cakes?

It has been highly recommended not to use Fat Free Milk in recipes as it prevents the homogenuousity required.

Perhaps you should follow a standard récipe for the amount of flour and type required and the liquids should be measured ..

That's a lot of typing and great but the question remains:
Let me rephrase ::: As a basic baking procedure, what makes a mix crumble apart and not stay together? Too much flour or not enough flour (or too much liquid)?

That's a lot of typing and great but the question remains:
Let me rephrase ::: As a basic baking procedure, what makes a mix crumble apart and not stay together? Too much flour or not enough flour (or too much liquid)?

Are we no longer talking about pancakes and are on to baking in general?

Back
Top Bottom