Tablecloths - do you use one?

Got rid of the iron long ago. I use a handheld mini steamer from Joy Mangano "My little Steamer." I also have her "skinny" hangers in all my closets.

I iron everything apart from underwear.
ironically that is the only thing that gets ironed in my wardrobe. Hubby irons anything that needs it, but that's just his shirts and my underwear.
I did used to iron, and everything pretty much got ironed, but the injury to my left wrist stopped me ironing. I could never manage to iron with my right hand. Nowadays the only things I iron are my knitting when I am blocking it using steam rather than washing it and then pinning it out and allowing it to dry that way. Steam blocking is much quicker and easier, though it is also much easier to get it catastrophically wrong.

Anyhow back to what are they called? tablecloths. No. My parents always had one on the table despite owning a really nice antique table and it would get filthy. Only the cleaning lady changed it once a week. With 4 kids in the house, 2 of them under 5, it really needed changing much more often and they were often not the type of table cloth that really stood up to young children. And then there were the best table cloths.... ahhh it was always a thing... whenever we went anywhere, antique shops, or places where lace was still handmade, we always had to hunt out table cloths big enough for our table (it was huge).

So the end result is that I don't do them. We do now have a special one for Christmas day. My mother amazingly and much to our dismay at the time, found a santa on a bike themed tablecloth and purchased it for us. How she found it is beyond us, but she did. And now that we are in Australia, and far from families, it comes out on Christmas day and goes onto the table for a week.

@morning glory I failed to see any answer for yourself? You asked if we did tablecloths? What about you?

Back
Top Bottom