The best Lasagne recipe

I don’t like a lot going on in my lasagna, so my favorite one is just a simple cheese one, based on Julia Turshen’s version - pretty much noodles, cheese, and sauce:

IMG_7004.jpeg
IMG_7003.jpeg

Garlic bread?
Unfortunately, no.
DH detests anything with Butter, so I've learned to eat a hunk of simple really good bread with pasta ... although, I have been known to spread some Compound Butter on my piece :spaghetti:
Note to self: Make more compound Butter for the deep freeze!

Last edited:
We make a dish, I don't remember the Italian name other than forno being in it, that uses crepes. You place sliced mozzarella in 1/4 of the circle, fold the crepe over so you have a semi-circle, place sliced fontina or fontinella cheese on top of the same quarter where the mozzarella is, fold crepe over so you have a 1/4 circle packet of crepe and cheese. A simple marinara sauce and bake until cheese melts and everything is nice and hot. Sprinkle with ParmR to serve. The crepes I make use flour so not gluten free. They are just a basic crepe recipe with no sugar.

A place we dine at occasionally dry fries for a short period of time finely minced garlic, dried basil, dried oregano, some salt, and a tiny bit of crushed red pepper. Put that in a shallow bowl, then pour EVOO on top. Then you dip your bread in it.

We make a dish, I don't remember the Italian name other than forno being in it, that uses crepes. You place sliced mozzarella in 1/4 of the circle, fold the crepe over so you have a semi-circle, place sliced fontina or fontinella cheese on top of the same quarter where the mozzarella is, fold crepe over so you have a 1/4 circle packet of crepe and cheese. A simple marinara sauce and bake until cheese melts and everything is nice and hot. Sprinkle with ParmR to serve. The crepes I make use flour so not gluten free. They are just a basic crepe recipe with no sugar.

A place we dine at occasionally dry fries for a short period of time finely minced garlic, dried basil, dried oregano, some salt, and a tiny bit of crushed red pepper. Put that in a shallow bowl, then pour EVOO on top. Then you dip your bread in it.

The Forno part is probably "al Forno," which just means that it is baked in an oven. That dish sounds like a really nice appetizer or light meal.

CD

Sounds good.

Gluten flour filled recipes are fine by me. I know from looking at the normal flour content exactly which gf flours to sub to get the same effect 👍

I’m definitely trying this out. What sort of mozzarella are you using?

I've been getting into using the thin, egg pasta, no boil sheets..also a layer of béchamel. I make about 6-8 layers and don't go heavy on the sauce..these noodles require moisture to cook through, so after building the lasagne, I top it up with some beef broth almost to the top layer...The finish product is dryer and has a much more al dente texture..not to mention great flavour..I find it way better than the classic saucy, sloppy stuff I grew up eating, and making..lol

Back
Top Bottom