The frustrating thing about supermarkets

Lullabelle

Midlands, England
Local time
4:09 AM
A couple of weeks ago our local Sainsburys had a move-around. I understand why they do this plus with Christmas around the corner they are trying to squeeze everything in, trouble is it is a nightmare trying to find stuff.

Last week I wanted vitamin pills, they are now on the same shelving along with the birth control items, yesterday I wanted mouthwash-all oral stuff is now on the baby stuff shelf and the large crumpets are no longer with the normal size ones and breads, they are right at the far end with the carbonated drinks :scratchhead:

These are just a few examples of bizaar randomness :o_o:

Shopping now takes way longer than it used to.

As it gets closer to the holidays, the employees like to play turkey bowling after hours. Roll a frozen turkey down the aisle towards bottles of soda, and try to knock them down. In the morning they scramble to put everything back.

As it gets closer to the holidays, the employees like to play turkey bowling after hours. Roll a frozen turkey down the aisle towards bottles of soda, and try to knock them down. In the morning they scramble to put everything back.

:ohmy:

After the holidays, everything will probably settle down LOL.

I rarely go to supermarkets (on-line delivery mainly) but I do visit Aldi as its literally a few minutes walk down my road. Recently they completely re-vamped it. It now looks much more up market. But of course, everything has got moved around. Very confusing!

We have a supermarket chain called Publix...they are hands down the bestest supermarket there is...pricewise no but if you can't find something you ask a clerk or stocker and they take you right to where it is. If they are out on the shelf they will head to the back room to find it. They bag your purchases and help you out to your car and take the cart back with them. The have great sales often themed like italian week. I just came from there tonight and i got quite a bit of frozen food on sale. I did stop on the way home elsewhere to buy bread and cheese as its cheaper in another store.

I do shop at aldis but its not a place to be able to get everything i need plus aldis is not as conveniently located. So i hit aldis maybe once or twice a month and publix twice a week and Walmart at least once a week for cat food and kitty litter.

I rarely go to supermarkets (on-line delivery mainly) but I do visit Aldi as its literally a few minutes walk down my road. Recently they completely re-vamped it. It now looks much more up market. But of course, everything has got moved around. Very confusing!

I mostly do my grocery shopping online as well. It's a real lifesaver.

Last week I wanted vitamin pills, they are now on the same shelving along with the birth control items, yesterday I wanted mouthwash-all oral stuff is now on the baby stuff shelf...

That seems oddly contradictory. The birth control should be nowhere near the baby stuff, but right next to mouthwash - oral care....:smug:

That seems oddly contradictory. The birth control should be nowhere near the baby stuff, but right next to mouthwash - oral care....:smug:

This is exactly why I find it frustrating, there appears to be no obvious connections with each other

Back
Top Bottom