The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO the series was destroyed in the last episodes - as though the producers wanted to make sure it didn't come back, and that nobody would want it to although they did make a token effort with a one off - I watch Elementary and find it equally interesting if different, although it does require some getting used to.

I watched Elementary series too but sincerely it didn't impressed me so much...filmed in New York, Watson a woman...mmm..."Sick boy" is a good actor but for me Sherlock with Cumberbatch+Freeman it's a very great combo and mostly is filmed in London, Baker Street. This has a sense. And I'm a great fan of London so for me it's the best Sherlock :thumbsup:

London today is like any other big city - in the world, a mixture of good [not much] bad and just plain miserable, so the location I don't find a problem. I find the idea of a Joan Watson a nice twist. In the 'Sherlock' series Watson's wife becomes a main character [ ?!! ] so that is equally odd . In both cases Holmes is eccentric and a drug addict [although this is submerged in Sherlock] although only in Elementary is Watson trying to help him quit [as did Watson in the original novels] At least I can look forward to another series of Elementary but the good old British programmers have finished Sherlock off forever.

London today is like any other big city - in the world, a mixture of good [not much] bad and just plain miserable, so the location I don't find a problem. I find the idea of a Joan Watson a nice twist. In the 'Sherlock' series Watson's wife becomes a main character [ ?!! ] so that is equally odd . In both cases Holmes is eccentric and a drug addict [although this is submerged in Sherlock] although only in Elementary is Watson trying to help him quit [as did Watson in the original novels] At least I can look forward to another series of Elementary but the good old British programmers have finished Sherlock off forever.

Yesterday Watson's wife has been killed so maybe not more a main character :rolleyes: (even if production don't decide to let her resuscitate)..for me that don't live in London but love it and read Conan Doyle books, London fits magically to me..:okay:

I really enjoyed that series (Elementary). I hope to enjoy the subsequent one.

Don't get me wrong here I thought the first series of 'Sherlock' was brilliant but it just annoys me that we seem to get a winning formulae then bin it - the only thing we seem to keep going are tedious [and totally unreal] soap operas.
I really enjoyed that series (Elementary). I hope to enjoy the subsequent one.
Me too - and I think we are in luck :happy:

Ingvar Kamprad - R.I.P.

IKEA coffin.jpg

150 year eclipse. Due to occur from around 20:00 - 21:00 here. It's so overcast, we can't even determine the position of the moon.

Apparently, yes. I sat in the back field with the camera (tripod mounted) for an hour this evening (with beers of course) and captured about 50 images. But didn't see an eclipse like the one 150 years ago. But then, how would I know?

I'll need to go through what I have tomorrow but this is one of the shots.

eclipse 1.jpg

All over the village (and town I imagine) there were fire crackers being fired to ward off the evil spirits.

My bottle of whisky is still intact though.

Apparently, yes. I sat in the back field with the camera (tripod mounted) for an hour this evening (with beers of course) and captured about 50 images. But didn't see an eclipse like the one 150 years ago. But then, how would I know?

I'll need to go through what I have tomorrow but this is one of the shots.

View attachment 13286

That is fabulous! Here we have a super moon tonight which I assume is a connected event. Its only going to be visible if the sky is clear.

Don't get me wrong here I thought the first series of 'Sherlock' was brilliant but it just annoys me that we seem to get a winning formulae then bin it - the only thing we seem to keep going are tedious [and totally unreal] soap operas.

Me too - and I think we are in luck :happy:

I understand what you mean by soap opera and in some moments I had the same feeling, especially from the second season onwards. I do not know why then things take another path, as if once achieved the success of the first season then there is a kind of exaltation that takes away spontaneity.
And Sherlock last Sunday had also visibly more makeup in the face! mah!

Two years ago I was looking forward to another series, always set in London, which I liked so much. "Luther" with Idris Elba .. blimey! I liked a lot all that psychology, he a little antihero ..
And then another that I was glad to follow was Life on Mars and also Ashes to Ashes ... beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom