The General Chat Thread (2024)?

Yesterday outside work, cars had been damaged. Company cctv shows a school kid take a sharp implement from his pocket and deliberately scratch the side of vehicles, one in particular the scratch is really deep and will cost quite a bit to repair. The car owner reported to the police, at the time not knowing who did it, but the police won't do anything. There was talk of contacting the local school if he goes there then contact his family, he should take responsibility for his actions.
Theres a lovely story of an abusive teenager threatening people at Tesco’s. I think he may have even had a knife but I can’t quite remember.
They posted it on social media, the parents eventually saw it. Another video appeared of the boy being dragged by the collar back to Tescos to apologise properly to Tescos and have a serious dressing down from his parent in front of everyone. The contrast was hilarious. The boy was head down scuffing his shoes together fully embarrassed and chastised. Marvellous!

Theres a lovely story of an abusive teenager threatening people at Tesco’s. I think he may have even had a knife but I can’t quite remember.
They posted it on social media, the parents eventually saw it. Another video appeared of the boy being dragged by the collar back to Tescos to apologise properly to Tescos and have a serious dressing down from his parent in front of everyone. The contrast was hilarious. The boy was head down scuffing his shoes together fully embarrassed and chastised. Marvellous!

The owner of the car worst affected stupidly chased the kid last night when he was on his way back from school. What would he have done if he caught him, maybe end up being prosecuted for assaulting a child, should have waited and discreetly followed him home.
The downside to 'going viral' is that some kids might try stuff for fame, they are too young for a criminal record.

Last edited:
The owner of the car worst affected stupidly chased the kid last night when he was on his way back from school. What would he have done if he caught him, maybe end up being prosecuted for assaulting a child, should have waited and discreetly followed him home.
The downside to 'going viral' is that some kids might try stuff for fame, they are too young for a criminal record.

Ah I’m not condoning trial by social media by any stretch.

Yeah an adult chasing a child, thats not a good look!

Oh deary deary me 🤦‍♀️

Ok, we have an update. One of the cars damaged, it was their neighbours kid! The guy whose car is the worst affected-the child chaser- has spoken to the kids parents who apologised profusely, he is in big trouble when he gets home from school. His folks will not be able to afford to pay for any damages, us in the office agree that the kid should do 'community service', any jobs his neighbours give him, weeding, putting out/bringing in the bins etc...make him accountable for his actions. He knew exactly what he was doing, even stepped away when he thought someone was coming.

Ugh!…I hate meetings like this:

Manager: “…so what I want everyone to take away from this today is that I want to see more proficiency on the new toolset we’ve been given. I’m looking at the skills spreadsheet and you all are saying you have 30%…40%…50%, and my expectation is that by now, I would be seeing more like 75%…85%…95%. I mean, these are the tools we’ve been given and this is the expectation going forward, to be able to use these effectively in our day-to-day jobs going forward…I mean, do we need more training? If so, say so, and we can try and address that with more training or real-world scenarios, something like that…ok, I’ll shut up, we’re already 20 minutes over, but do you all understand what I’m saying here?”

Worker: “Yeah, um, sure, and for myself, I think-“

Manager: “I mean, I’m just saying, these are the tools we’ve been given, and you guys know this, and you know the expectation around all this stuff, and when I look at this spreadsheet, I’m a little concerned, because I’m not seeing the proficiency numbers I expected when I first sent this out. You see why I’m concerned now, right? Ok, I’ll get off my soapbox, but I want to make sure we have a way forward, y’know? Sorry, we’re almost 30 minutes over, let me stop talking.”

Worker: “No problem, I get what you’re saying, it’s just-“

Manager: “Yeah, it’s just that we have the day-to-day work to perform, and these tools, these are what we’re given to do that work, and then I see things like 30% proficiency…40% proficiency…and I’m expecting 75%-85% by now, and if it’s a question of real-world training, just say so, and I’ll get that addressed, maybe some scenarios where we can see it in action. I just want some good results. Ok, I’ve taken enough time, we’re 40 minutes over…”

We’re over because you won’t stop repeating the same thing! 😠

Ok, we have an update. One of the cars damaged, it was their neighbours kid! The guy whose car is the worst affected-the child chaser- has spoken to the kids parents who apologised profusely, he is in big trouble when he gets home from school. His folks will not be able to afford to pay for any damages, us in the office agree that the kid should do 'community service', any jobs his neighbours give him, weeding, putting out/bringing in the bins etc...make him accountable for his actions. He knew exactly what he was doing, even stepped away when he thought someone was coming.

Well thankyou for the update because this did pop into my head today!
Good news really because the police might not have been interested but this is one of those points in that boys life where it will turn one way or another and getting away with would not have been the right turn 👍

Back
Top Bottom