The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it would have. It includes snail jelly!

[I'm not sure if snail jelly is derived from the trail that the snails leave behind]

After a bit of research - snail gel is farmed in the UK too and I imagine its similar to the way its collected in Thailand. Personally I couldn't bring myself to use it...

The gel used in this exclusive range is produced from free-roaming snails that are farmed humanely under certified organic conditions. After they move over glass panels, their mucus is safely collected, then filtered and concentrated, before a gentle preservative is added to prolong the shelf life of the cream.
http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sh...m_medium=cpc&gclid=COGo29OWhtQCFWko0wodZXoC5w

My wife used to think someone was doing something weird to our front steps overnight when she would go out in the morning and see these strange, glistening trails all over the treads.

I captured a banana slug one day on and nearby rhododendron and showed her what they and snails leave behind.
You old romantic

Have a cuppa instead!
DeFac Tea.jpg

Mysteries of the universe (part 1,273 of an occasional series): why did somebody leave a 50 eurocent coin on top of my wheelie bin this morning?
Did they leave it or flip it and couldn't find it!?

Mysteries of the universe (part 1,273 of an occasional series): why did somebody leave a 50 eurocent coin on top of my wheelie bin this morning?
Tip or else they think they've left a down payment on the bin.

This is the first year I have been successful in a beautiful purple lupin blooming undeterred/uneaten by snails....and in the same long container!

The container is in an ornate metal wheelbarrow (which, you might think - being off the ground - might be enough to deter the snails!) It's an oblong plastic container with a lip all around it. I know snails like to sleep under these kind of lips to containers. So, I had a brainwave. I made a strong salt solution paste and rubbed it into the lip area (all around the container). That did it! After years of dismay with seeing lupins eaten before fully blooming, I can't tell you what a delight and how proud I am to now have a successful bloom....finally...in my garden!

:highfive:

Sir Roger Moore died yesterday aged 89. R.I.P.

Overshadowed by another event.
ditto & indeed

Thankfully (for our families at least) my family member who works in the immediate area is OK but it's by no means the first time his work place has been bombed. We had however gotten to think he was more safe than back in the days of the IRA bombing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom