The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ditto & indeed

Thankfully (for our families at least) my family member who works in the immediate area is OK but it's by no means the first time his work place has been bombed. We had however gotten to think he was more safe than back in the days of the IRA bombing it.
Side story up/over here, where normally they'd devout half the main news to someone like him passing.

@SatNavSaysStraightOn, you mentioned dirt on your arms over in cooking.
I shall tell you how you got so dusty. It wasn't dirt per se on your skin but dust. I am sure by now, you realize that dust gets on every surface if given even a microscopic opening. Clothes will stop the dirt but it does nothing for the dust particles. They just settle on any fairly non-porous surfaces. This includes skin. Just rinse off every now and again.
Welcome to my world.
I see you have now had both thunder and dust storms in the same day.
This is not uncommon in the spring and fall.

Today here: I actually had to get out my light jacket because it was only about 19C (67F). The other day is was 35C (95F).

Anyway, you are not dirty, just a bit dusty.

Sad :( I still remember him as the saint.

5616b5bedc615bbec670b696ffb5f149.jpg

Today is my birthday, which I share with other temperamental and moody artists such as Bob Dylan and Eric Cantona.

I am too old to concern myself greatly with such things. However, somebody has provided me with a very pleasing-looking bottle of Italian wine and it would be churlish in the extreme not to drink it this evening.

Today is my birthday, which I share with other temperamental and moody artists such as Bob Dylan and Eric Cantona.

I am too old to concern myself greatly with such things. However, somebody has provided me with a very pleasing-looking bottle of Italian wine and it would be churlish in the extreme not to drink it this evening.

Happy birthday :birthday:

Such a beautiful day today, I enjoyed walking into work catching the early morning rays :sun: I do find it odd that so many people were wearing coats, I was in t-shirt sleeves :heat:

With the distressing news of the major terrorist attack in Manchester - involving 22 dead (some young girls) - it is understandable that the death of Sir Roger Moore would take 2nd billing...certainly as it is reported in the media news.

The UK is now on critical terrorist alert with soldiers now deployed on the streets. That this comes when there has been cutbacks to our police force is conflicting and farcical. I can only hope that the situation is reviewed and reversed to more practically reflect the current climate.

Last edited:
I started to watch the beginning of The Terminator film, my heart started racing so switched it off, not a good idea this close to bedtime. Funny thing is, The Terminator was the 'bad guy' he never bothered my dreams however Robocop the 'good guy' gave me nightmares :scratchhead:

I've just changed a couple of habits upon reading what should be stored in the fridge, i.e. nuts (should have been obvious to me) and large/back up supply of curry powder! I have a little container for the curry powder on a spice rack. Obviously it's to stop the nuts going rancid and the curry powder is about keeping it fresher for longer.

Since it is so hot, I currently have a packet of organic carrots in the fridge too (salad section). I like to crunch on them and dip them into organic ketchup (my attempt to be less indulgent and forego crisps/choc).

Happy Birthday, Duck.

Will you be known as Duck60 now? Or maybe Duck29 forever?

Happy Birthday, Duck.

Will you be known as Duck60 now? Or maybe Duck29 forever?
That reminds me of a Groucho joke.

He looked at a woman - past her prime - and asked
"How old are you?"
She preened her hair, paused then offered "approaching 30"
"Oh yeah...from which direction?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom