The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is Red Nose Day and a lot of kids are going to school out of uniform, I believe some schools are charging £1 per child and this is supposed to go to the charity.
I appreciate what it is about but every year there is a bit thing about a red nose, people buy the, wear them for a few hours then they are discarded-yet more plastic waste.

It is Red Nose Day and a lot of kids are going to school out of uniform, I believe some schools are charging £1 per child and this is supposed to go to the charity.
I appreciate what it is about but every year there is a bit thing about a red nose, people buy the, wear them for a few hours then they are discarded-yet more plastic waste.
Totally agree. I often wonder where all the red nose paraphernalia is produced - hopefully not by child labour in eastern sweat shops. I did hear on the radio yesterday that a school (somewhere in England) had picked up on the issue of plastic red noses and decided to make their own out of egg boxes. Brilliant - Blue Peter in action!

Totally agree. I often wonder where all the red nose paraphernalia is produced - hopefully not by child labour in eastern sweat shops. I did hear on the radio yesterday that a school (somewhere in England) had picked up on the issue of plastic red noses and decided to make their own out of egg boxes. Brilliant - Blue Peter in action!

It is very subdued this year, Sainsburys had a pallet of boxes of red noses but that was about it, no staff doing an event of any kind to raise money, M&S had nothing just not much happening this year.

image.jpeg

Overcast and windy here. Got to nebulise, then get dressed and clean up outside. We've come home to too many dead chickens. Sadly the lady looking after our chooks must have let them free range on Friday knowing that they'll take themselves to roost. It appears that a fox arrived either before the younger girls went to roost or that they were locked out and picked off one by one. At this time of year we don't let them free range (for their own safety) unless one of us is here to "supervise" them going to roost. We had mentioned this to her, normally she stays with them and sees them in . The younger girls like to stay up late. I've lost 4 of last year's 6 girls and 2 of this year's (they would have been my layers through winter). Several girls are now on their own with no friend. Chooks like to be in pairs (threes are better in case 1 dies). We've lost 2 very friendly girls who both liked to be held. None of this year's chicks like even being touched sadly so that just leaves 2 who can be held. It's hard really because I can't say anything to her because to date she's the only person who'll come out and keep an eye on them, though we might be better off if we're only away for a week in not getting anyone round.

Actually found a pair of shoes in size 5.5. I wanted a pair of black shoes to wear for walking to and from work-nothing fancy, we went into a branch of Decathalon and found exactly what I wanted :woot:

Yesterday morning I put my new shoes on, the right one felt odd, I stood up walked around but sill something wasn't right, took my shoe off and found the receipt I had put in there on Sunday :rolleyes:

Who would have thought that peanut brittle was invented in Burma?

peanut brittle s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom