The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is a 'doing' day, so far we have achieved quite a lot, breaking for lunch then back to it this afternoon.

One of my favourites is still in - the police woman from Kent (of course!). I think the woman from Scotland should go - she just doesn't do cheffy presentation. Just my view!

Thing is Alex has been the strongest throughout so I thought that would save her. Not sure why the young lad did a couple of tacos :scratchhead:

I put the final to be between Alex. Jeff and Ireni, clearly I am wrong. Jeff Delia and Ireni.

Today had been a wet and wild day. :rain: and humm missing an emicon here ... Stayed indoor all day . It's cleared up now it's going dark! Tomorrow and Wednesday are forecast sunny :sun: but cold :cold: starts off 8C which when the daytime temperature is 30C comes as a shock.

Nice to have had 5mm of rain :rain: spread across the last 24 hrs. At least some of that should have been absorbed by the land rather than the typical 50mm that just runs off because it happened all at once.

It's the election this coming weekend. There are speaker mounted pickups continuously traversing the village canvasing their candidates. And they are bloody loud!

It's funny because the Thai pronunciation for the number 7 candidate is "bor jept" (number seven) which sounds very much like "bull sh!t" to me. Very appropriate for Thai politicians in my opinion.

Quote from a National newspaper today: "The vote tally showing the pro-junta Phalang Pracharat beating former coalition leader Pheu Thai has raised many eyebrows, and made people raise queries over issues such as the mysterious surplus votes that far exceeded the turnout in many constituencies and the 2 million “spoiled” votes."

I have been on twitter and blocked quite a few people, most of them I don't actually follow. It is now a much nicer place, there is way too much negativity in the world so it feels good to block out all unnecessary rubbish.

It's going to be cold in the morning. :cold:
It's forecast to be 7C in the morning tomorrow . It's already below 8C. It's a clear night sky with not a cloud around all day . We could be in for our first frost of autumn.

Hubby is celebrating that is finally cold enough to need the autumn (9 tog) quilt again. He's not the one who gets to stay home with no heating. :(

Electrician came around today, as promised.

Serviced two airconditioners, installed a new LED light fitting in each of the bathrooms, changed two ceiling light bulbs, checked out the fridge and the cooker hood, and removed a damaged blind from over the stoep. The two operatives were here from 08:30 to 11:45.

Cost Bht 1,000.00 (c. £24.00) excluding parts.

We had a new guy start work yesterday, a 17 year old fresh out of school. He was in a truck to learn the ropes for 1 day watching the driver drop pallets off to customers. He never got out of the truck. Today his mum called into work and apologised for him not coming back. He didn't like the job. No wonder the owner can't get good staff. I'm helping out for a few days a week, but it's turned into full time. Theres 2 more supposed to be starting this week. Young ones are so different. I was a father at 17 working 2 jobs to save for a house. Perhaps I'm just old fashioned???

Russ

Our power went out at 12:30 this morning. It just came back on about 30 minutes ago. Apparently there was some kind of damage to their equipment. I guess I should be thankful that it didn't take them until 1:45 this afternoon, which was their estimated time for repair, but 10.5 hours for a small neighborhood outage? Really! And, to top it all off, they sent a text at 9:30 saying the power was on and if not to reset all the circuit breakers, including the main outside. Okay, did all that, still no power so called. No, it's not fixed yet and don't know why the text was sent. :mad:

Craig heard some guy from the next street over screaming at them this morning, literally screaming.

We had a new guy start work yesterday, a 17 year old fresh out of school. He was in a truck to learn the ropes for 1 day watching the driver drop pallets off to customers. He never got out of the truck. Today his mum called into work and apologised for him not coming back. He didn't like the job. No wonder the owner can't get good staff. I'm helping out for a few days a week, but it's turned into full time. Theres 2 more supposed to be starting this week. Young ones are so different. I was a father at 17 working 2 jobs to save for a house. Perhaps I'm just old fashioned???

Russ

We have a similar issue where we work, youngsters don't like the work but want lots of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom