The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Electrician came around today, as promised.

Serviced two airconditioners, installed a new LED light fitting in each of the bathrooms, changed two ceiling light bulbs, checked out the fridge and the cooker hood, and removed a damaged blind from over the stoep. The two operatives were here from 08:30 to 11:45.

Cost Bht 1,000.00 (c. £24.00) excluding parts.

After being given the all clear on the integrity of the cooker hood electrics, I replaced the duff tungsten bulbs with LEDs (I'll change the whole house eventually). However, the ones we could find were variable colour temperatures, i.e. white light/daylight/softlight. I just wanted to be able to see what I was cooking not have a romantic evening on the gas hob!

Nothing much needs saying for 4:55pm. Autumn has only just started.

_20190330_182756.JPG

_20190330_182913.JPG

The first fire of the season with the last wood of last season .

Quote from a National newspaper today: "The vote tally showing the pro-junta Phalang Pracharat beating former coalition leader Pheu Thai has raised many eyebrows, and made people raise queries over issues such as the mysterious surplus votes that far exceeded the turnout in many constituencies and the 2 million “spoiled” votes."

It has become apparent that the spoiled ballots were deemed spoiled because the voters had crossed the wrong box.

I have bought myself a new pair of walking boots because my others are really old now. Also bought a coat-2 in 1, a fleece and a waterproof over the top. Again the coat I have is really old so my purchases were necesssary. Ignore the name on the coat hanger, I didn't buy my coat from there.

20190330_140752_Burst01.jpg

20190330_140959.jpg

I have a similar down-to-the-knee, almost, black hoodie sweatshirt that zips from the top and bottom. I wear it a lot. Wish I could find another. Enjoy your new finds.

Last year I bought a vase because we had been given flowers at Christmas and had nowhere to put them. The past few weeks I have been going around in circles trying to find it, getting myself into a right tizz. I found it this morning in the exact place I kept looking :rolleyes: .it now has tulips in it.

Reports in the US say that Sir Mick Jagger, the iconic lead singer of the Rolling Stones, is set to undergo surgery this week, to replace a damaged valve in his heart.

jagger.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom