Them Newfangled Can Openers

Termyn8or

Local time
2:04 PM
I saw them on TV, but I got on the web and found their page so we have a reference point;

Safety Can Express™ - Safely & Quickly Pops The Top Off

These babies don't cut the lid, somehow they undo what the canery did to make the lid stick. It must unbend the metal or something.

So I was thinking of getting one, for the house but this is two houses in one. But then they will send a second one or five bucks more. Then it is $45.

Thing is, just opening cans a different way is just a novelty, does it have other advantages ? Really, I have not been cut by a can for, wow, can't even remember had to be ike when I was a little kid.

And of course a Terminator never pays for safety, it has to have more than that going for it.

T

And of course a Terminator never pays for safety, it has to have more than that going for it.
:laugh:

For me, I wouldn't want to give up counter space or cabinet space, both of which are always at a premium here.

My hand-crank one works similarly, but not exactly, like that. It cuts below the lip, but it does remove the lid.

I don't know if it's true or not, but I was always taught never to store leftovers in a metal can, so that aspect of it doesn't appeal to me.

Don't buy any of those As-Seen-On-TV products. They are known for hijacking innocent people into buying their products with the so-called promise that you can get an identical product for free, yet they'll charge you twice the amount to send it to you!! I don't trust them at all!!! 😡

:laugh:

For me, I wouldn't want to give up counter space or cabinet space, both of which are always at a premium here.

My hand-crank one works similarly, but not exactly, like that. It cuts below the lip, but it does remove the lid.

I don't know if it's true or not, but I was always taught never to store leftovers in a metal can, so that aspect of it doesn't appeal to me.

My ex-wife had one by Krups that was hand-held. It worked well, but I'm fine with my OXO Good Grips manual can opener.

CD

Don't buy any of those As-Seen-On-TV products. They are known for hijacking innocent people into buying their products with the so-called promise that you can get an identical product for free, yet they'll charge you twice the amount to send it to you!! I don't trust them at all!!! 😡

The King has spoken. When it comes to buying kitchen gadgets, Shermie is the King. :cool:

CD

Back
Top Bottom